In this podcast session, I talk all about how to grow your business using time on the can.
Get the a PDF of the 25 Tips to Grow Your Business While Pooping
25 Tips to Build Your Business While Pooping
- Be fully present.
- Take a deep breath (do this one at the beginning).
- Create your “To Do” list for the day or week.
- Download the app IF.
- Link IF to a StumbleUpon account and Twitter so that whenever you like something on StumpleUpon it will tweet “Love this #counseling article “automatically insert title” [link].
- Use StumbleUpon to find great content to thumbs up.
- Go through emails that are quick to delete or archive.
- Respond to tweets.
- Comment on Facebook posts.
- Explore new groups on Facebook.
- Read part of an e-book.
- Listen to part of a business podcast like Practice of the Practice, Smart Passive Income of Youpreneur.
- Accept LinkedIn invites.
- Pin your blog posts.
- Review other therapist’s websites on mobile.
- Go through your email and find common questions, brainstorm blog posts.
- Find contact information for local radio personalities.
- Find counselors in your area with the same specialty, plan to email them later.
- Break down a big goal into smaller goals that are 5-10 minute chunks.
- Text a significant other something you love about them.
- Look at your Google Analytics and find out the top five pages people land on.
- Divide your ideas into “Today” and “Soon” within the notes section of your phone.
- Brainstorm numbers. For example, if I see 15 people per week now and I make an average of $79 per person, that is $1,185/week. What if I did totally private pay at $120 that would be only 10 people per week. If i want to make $100k this year and work 46 weeks, that’s $2,173.91/week, if I only want to see 15 people I need to charge $144.93 per session.
- Dream about paying for something: paying off your house, car, student loans. How much would it cost? For example, if I have $120k left on my house, if I want to pay it off in 5 years, divide by 60 that means I need to put $2,000/month on it.
- Block out time in your schedule to exercise, have lunch, and be with friends/family, put it on repeat each week.
Enjoy your poops!
Meet Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok, MA, LLP, LPC, NCC is one of the world’s leading private practice consultants. He is the owner of the Traverse City counseling practice, Mental Wellness Counseling. Joe helps counselors to start private practices and grow them.