Preparing: Marketing refers to the process of preparing your product for the marketplace. It involves understanding who your potential customers are and what they want to get from your product or service. Colors, logo and other design elements help to align the image of your product with the interests of your target audience. It is marketing that defines your brand and attracts the market share you want.
Others say it is personal and catered to your avatar.
According to Webster, “marketing” means:
- the act or process of selling or purchasing in a market
- the process or technique of promoting, selling, and distributing a product or service
- an aggregate of functions involved in moving goods from producer to consumer
Create a business avatar
Study who you want to attract
Define where to advertise and build content marketing
Knowing: Advertising is the process of making your product and service known to the marketplace. It is essentially spreading the word about what your company has to offer. While marketing is the way in which you convince potential buyers that you have the right product for them, advertising is how you communicate to them the existence of that product.
Paid and non-personal.
Advertising is building awareness of your product.
According to Webster, “advertising” means:
- the action of calling something to the attention of the public especially by paid announcements
- advertisements <the magazine contains much advertising
- the business of preparing advertisements for publication or broadcast
But now there is:
- Content marketing
- Online marketing
- Social Media Marketing and Advertising
I prefer “marketing”.
Meet Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok, MA, LLP, LPC, NCC is one of the world’s leading private practice consultants. He is the owner of the Traverse City counseling practice, Mental Wellness Counseling. Joe helps counselors to start private practices and grow them.