What can help you drive the success of your business? What are the most significant elements within your content marketing strategy? How can design greatly impact SEO?
In this podcast episode, Sam Carvalho speaks about the 10 ways design can transform your marketing.
TherapyNotes! It makes notes, billing, scheduling, and telehealth a whole lot easier. Check it out and you will quickly see why it’s the highest-rated EHR on TrustPilot with over 1000 verified customer reviews and an average customer rating of 4.9/5 stars.
You’ll notice the difference from the first day you sign up for a trial. They offer live phone support 7 days a week.
So when you have questions, you can quickly reach someone who can help, you are never wasting your time looking for answers.
If you are coming from another EHR, they make the transition really easy. TherapyNotes will import your clients’ demographic data free of charge during your trial so you can get going right away.
To get 3 free months of TherapyNotes, no strings attached including their very reliable telehealth platform click on www.therapynotes.com and enter the promo code: Joe
In This Podcast
- 10 tips
1. Clarify your ideal customer
Crafting a detailed persona of your ideal customer is an important step in your content marketing strategy. A well-envisioned persona can help determine which topics, ideas, and keywords should be incorporated into your content.
Include things like age, gender, location, job title, interests, beliefs, pain points, social platforms, where they hang out, etc.
2. Build brand awareness
Excellent design elements can significantly improve your brand awareness and help you tell your brand’s story, as long as you create cohesiveness across all channels and platforms.
Your font should be consistent across your website and other marketing materials.
If your image is a significant part of your brand, you should have a great professional headshot that is used consistently across social media. Plus, your logo and brand colors should always look the same.
A brand style guide can help you maintain this consistency.
3. Stand out from the crowd
Content marketing is a competitive field. With such a huge volume of content being created every day, originality becomes crucial to your success.
Not only can unique designs engage your audience, but they can also drive backlinks and improve your SEO.
If you publish original infographics, charts, and visuals that people find useful, chances are they will use them on their sites and link back to you as the contributor.
4. Provide more value
Focusing on client success and providing value can increase both brand loyalty and client retention. Using visual design elements throughout your content will increase the value you provide.
Research shows that people can follow visual instructions 3x easier than written instructions. This means producing a video tutorial or an original infographic to convey information is much more useful than a written guide.
5. Efficiently repurpose content
There are tons of content types. But, creating 100% original content for every platform and channel is extremely inefficient.
Using powerful design tools, you can easily repurpose one piece of content into multiple other formats.
For example, let’s assume you have a valuable white paper that includes a lot of relevant research about anxiety. you can quickly reformat it:
- Create an infographic around the most NB points
- Shoot a video or record a podcast around the content
- Write a blog post summarising the findings
- Send out a newsletter with an overview and link to it
- Publish social posts sharing tidbits from the paper
- Develop an online course based on the teachings from the white paper
- In all of these examples, very little content needs to be added, updated, or changed. The bulk effort is selecting out the appropriate pieces of content and then redesigning another content type around them.
Resurfacing and updating old content can also benefit your business by drawing in new audience members.
6. Increase customer impressions
If your content is hard on the eyes, no one wants to hang around long enough to tell if it provides valuable information. In contrast, innovative web designs can be used to provide a unique customer experience that leaves a lasting impression.
High-quality imagery is an important element of any great design. Web pages and articles without any images get 94% fewer views than articles with at least one visual.
Incorporating videos and interactive content into your website design can quickly boost impressions. 4x more people prefer watching a video review than reading a written product review.
7. Creating lasting impressions
Studies show that people can recall 65% of the visual content that they see even up to three days later. In comparison, after three days, people will only remember about 10% of the written content they’ve read.
This means people are more likely to remember the design elements of your content than the actual written information you’ve shared.
Focus on designing key takeaways into a graph, chart, or image rather than just in written form.
8. Trigger great engagement
Well-designed content with high-quality visuals experiences higher engagement. Including powerful, original images will boost reader engagement and social shares.
- Facebook posts with images have 37% higher engagement
- Tweets with a visual element are retweeted 1.5x more
- Across all social media, infographics average 3x more shares
- 65% of people prefer emails with images
- Designing key images such as your article’s featured images and thumbnails is worthwhile if you want to increase both awareness and engagement.
9. Drive sales subconsciously
95% of purchase decision-making takes place in the subconscious mind. Using design elements that trigger emotions such as strong color choices and powerful images can encourage the subconscious to make decisions in your favor.
Red is a bold color tied to passion and power. Studies have shown that using this color for Call to Action buttons can increase your conversions by 34%.
As always, less is more. Coupling your color choices with clean layouts and limited options also helps with decision fatigue and can drive more sales.
10. Improve search engine rankings
Great design of your overall site and of your content will improve your search engine rankings, which in turn will lead to more clients.
Design can greatly impact three areas of SEO:
- User experience: how easy is content to find and consume? Is the site clunky? Are page elements interfering with content? This can all determine your bounce rate
- Readability: Since most website visitors scan a page rather than read every word, is your content laid out in an easy-to-digest fashion? Your content should be broken up with subheadings, short paragraphs, images, semantic keywords, and bulleted lists
- Speed: If your website is too slow from design elements, you can kiss your traffic goodbye. They will bounce fast.
- Tips and Ideas on How to Create a Letter Logo | MP 61
- Email Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Design Services With Sam
- Apply to work with us
Meet Sam Carvalho
Sam Carvalho is a graphic designer living in Cape Town, South Africa, with over five years of experience in both design and marketing, with a special interest and experience in the start-up environment.
She has been working with Practice of the Practice since 2016 and has helped over 70 therapist entrepreneurs take their practices to the next level by enhancing their visual branding. She loves working with a variety of clients on design-intensive tasks and is always up for a challenge!
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!