How active are you on Instagram? Are you posting the appropriate content for your audience base? Are you keen to find out how you can use Instagram to grow your business?
In this podcast episode, Joe Sanok speaks with Viv Conway and Tash Meys about how they started their Instagram journey and they share tips for improving your own Instagram engagement.
TherapyNotes facilitates the workflow of mental health professionals through robust, secure, and streamlined software, accessible wherever and whenever you need it. With fully-integrated scheduling, notes, billing, electronic claims, and more, you’ll have more time for what matters most: your patients.
To get 2 free months of TherapyNotes click on www.therapynotes.com and enter the promo code: Joe
Meet Viv Conway and Tash Meys
These two millennials are on a mission to help everyone reap the infinite benefits
of nailing Instagram. Viv Conway and Tash Meys (maze) are the founders of Ace The Gram. They have over 200k net followers on their personal Instagrams and have worked with clients from 70 followers to 1.9 million followers across Australia, the USA, and New Zealand.
Viv and Tash’s Story
Tash was at University studying Food Science and she got into Instagram so that she could help her degree by creating a portfolio to show her art in food photography. By the time she graduated, her Instagram was getting her more opportunities than her degree. She then delved further into it and started getting some Instagram clients.
Viv was also studying with Tash, and at the time she started a small sportswear brand. She was paying for Facebook ads and they were doing okay but she didn’t understand them as much as she understood Instagram. She found that she ended up making most of her sales on Instagram.
In This Podcast
In this podcast episode, Joe Sanok speaks with Viv Conway and Tash Meys about how they are winning at Instagram and how you can too!
Best Practices for Instagram
- Identify what your intention is for Instagram
- How can you provide value to your audience
- Make sure that you are optimizing your profile by using location tags, using relevant local and industry-specific hashtags
- Post hashtags (you can use 30 per post) as a comment after posting your photo
- Engage by commenting and liking posts
What to Not Post
If we can provide enough value and steer our audience in the right way, whether that be giving away free resources – that’s when we’re going to see people start to take action.
Dependent on what your intention is for your account, you have to really tailor your content to ensure that you are providing value to your audience. You shouldn’t constantly just be promoting your business.
Starting out on Instagram
- What resources do you have to create content
- Identify 3-4 different types of content to engage the audience
- Before sharing the account, post 6-9 different images with really informative captions (this will give people a really good understanding of why you’re on Instagram and what you’re about right from the start)
- Make sure your bio gives people an instant snapshot of what you’re about
- Think of your Instagram handle as SEO for the platform
- Share your Instagram handle everywhere
Posts vs Stories vs IG TV
People find you based on a photo but they follow you based on a feed!
- Posts are the images on the grid – this is how you want your brand to be portrayed. Take some time to post really beautiful content and well thought out captions.
- Stories – this is a raw uncurated way of connecting with your audience. You should strive to post 3-5 stories per day.
- IG TV – this is more of long-form content. If you’ve already got the video content created then you can use this option.
Click here for some free resources from Ace The Gram to help you master Instagram today!
- Dr. Kelly Flanagan Thinks You Are Loveable: Embracing What Is Truest about You, So You Can Truly Embrace Your Life | PoP 359
- Killin’It Camp
- Free Downloadable Resources
- Register to attend Webinars
- Next Level Practice
- Apply for the Big Ideas Mastermind
- Apply for Consulting or Mastermind groups
- Free Masterclass: How to Kill it in Private Practice
- Slow Down School
Meet Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok helps counselors to create thriving practices that are the envy of other counselors. He has helped counselors to grow their businesses by 50-500% and is proud of all the private practice owners that are growing their income, influence, and impact on the world. Click here to explore consulting with Joe.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!