Do you need an ultimate start-to-finish marketing guide? Which business systems do you need to have in place to continue nurturing great client relationships? How do you get clients to come back to you again?
In this podcast episode, Sam Carvalho speaks with Bear Wade about the 5 Steps you need to take to unify your marketing.
Podcast Sponsor: Brighter Vision
When you’re in private practice it can be tough to find the time to even review your marketing efforts, let alone to make improvements where needed.
By first understanding your practice and what makes it unique, Brighter Vision’s team of developers are then able to create you a beautiful website that will attract your ideal clients and get them to contact you. Better yet, they also provide unlimited tech support to make sure it’s always up-to-date, and professional search engine optimization to make sure you rank high in online searches – all at no additional cost.
But best of all, we’ve worked with them to create a special offer just for Marketing a Practice listeners. Get your first 3 months of website service completely FREE. To take advantage of this amazing deal, head to brightervision.com/joe.
Meet Bear Wade
Bear Wade is an award-winning filmmaker, author, and CEO of Unify Creative Agency. Bear understands there is an order to building a successful brand. From his own personal experience, he saw the mistakes brands were making in their attempts to connect with clients, and so he created the Unify Brand Steps to help brands connect with their clients.
His recent book “Unify Your Marketing: 5 steps to build your marketing in the right order so your business can soar”, empowers business owners in working with their team to build their marketing in the right order, so they can save time, money, and heartache.
FREEBIE: Access Bear’s Free Marketing Resources!
In This Podcast
- Bear’s advice to private practitioners
- Defining your brand script: this is essentially your elevator pitch. Define exactly and clearly what it is that you do, and how it can help someone.
[Your brand script] is the set of words that you use to describe what you do, and how you benefit the person that is listening. (Bear Wade)
- Define your brand identity: this is your brand style guide, the document that contains every aspect of your marketing aesthetics, from font to color.
- Express your brand media: collect testimonials from people who you have helped to help you boost your brand.
- Set out your pricing structure
- Defining your online platform: a clear, easy-to-remember domain name, a website, and social media channels that look similar to build cohesion and trust.
- Organize your print media
- Keep track of your customer lists: people are more likely to work with you again if they have already purchased from you before.
Keeping your customer lists and [continuing] to communicate with them and support them is very helpful, so you want to make sure that you have that database. (Bear Wade)
- Define your lead-generation spigot: how are people finding you, and how can you connect with more?
- Describe your campaign initiative
Now you’ve defined what you’re doing, you’ve built it, you’re growing, now it is just about maintaining it. (Bear Wade)
- Establish your content pipeline and roles: who is making the content for your practice? Who is proofing and posting the content?
- Demarcate your content schedule: establish your content creation and stick to your schedule. How often are you going to send emails and post to social media?
[Your content schedule] is really up to you. You can do it once a day or once a week, whatever that is, just defining that with your team is very helpful. (Bear Wade)
- Analyze what is working: focus on your strengths, and reevaluate or change things that are not working well yet.
- Define your project management system: how do clients book with you, how do you run your sessions, and how do you follow up with clients afterward?
- Hire employees, train them, delegate to them, and monitor their progress.
Bear’s advice to private practitioners
Focus on the order in which you are building your practice. Doing your steps in order will save you time, and money, and save some business heartache.
Books mentioned in this episode:
Useful links mentioned in this episode:
Check out these additional resources:
- Why You Need to be Patient with Your Marketing with John Bertino | MP 94
- Email Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Design Services With Sam
- Check out the Practice of the Practice Network
- For more branding advice, click here
- Apply to work with us
Meet Sam Carvalho
Sam Carvalho is a graphic designer living in Cape Town, South Africa, with over five years of experience in both design and marketing, with a special interest and experience in the start-up environment.
She has been working with Practice of the Practice since 2016 and has helped over 70 therapist entrepreneurs take their practices to the next level by enhancing their visual branding. She loves working with a variety of clients on design-intensive tasks and is always up for a challenge!
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!