I love quick lists that help me grow my private practice income! I consider these seven to be essential to growing a private practice quickly! I frequently use each of these resources, I’ll tell you how and why beneath each of them, let’s get started!
For years I was recommending books on my website. I linked to the book on Amazon and even pasted in the picture. Little did I know that I could have been receiving 3-10% commission, not just on the book, but on anything that person bought on Amazon! Here’s how my flow works:
- Individual is on my counseling resources page.
- There is a statement that says that we get small commission and we only recommend what we love. We reinvest those commissions into helping our sliding fee clients.
- The person clicks on the link and buys the book and maybe something else.
- I get 3-10% commission
I currently have three emails lists:
- FREE Practice of the Practice Tips: Sign up here if you haven’t joined
- How to grow a private practice [paid]: Sign up here if you haven’t joined, you’ll get weekly emails to help you launch and grow your private practice.
- FREE How to Become a Consultant: Sign up here if you haven’t joined
Here’s how it works:
- Someone signs up for the email list (paid or free). If it is paid, they purchase within PayPal and then get automatically added to the list they paid for. They confirm their email address.
- That person gets email #1 in the autoreply sequence. I have it so that it automatically inserts the person’s name, so it is more personalized.
- I can also send out a “broadcast” email to the whole list.
By having an auto-sequence, I can have people grow how I want, for example if you sign up today you’ll get email #1 whereas someone else might be on email #27. That way you can learn in stages and it can be more personalize.
Email is still the best way to connect with potential clients. Here are email list ideas that are effective in private practice.
- Parenting tips email
- Failure to Launch, setting boundaries with your adult children
- Post-affair couples tips
You get the idea. Once you create the first 20 or so emails, you’ve created a ton of rapport!
Google Analytics is the way that you know how people get to your website, what are they clicking on, and how to change to improve.
My attorney told me that if someone sues me, they can go after my home, retirement, or other assets if I don’t have a LLC or PLLC. Of course, you need to consult your own attorney in your state. Either way, the general understanding is that a LLC or PLLC is the best course of action to protect yourself and create the most write-offs. Legal Zoom is not a law firm, but provide standard legal documents like paperwork for a LLC or PLLC.
When my wife was launching her Traverse City Occupational Therapy practice, Sprout Therapeutic Services, she was clicking around Legal Zoom to learn about PLLC paperwork. After about 5 minutes she said, “Can I have the credit card?”
I said, “I thought you were exploring?”
“I’m already done,” she said.
Within a week she had all of her PLLC paperwork. In fact, she filed for a LLC and Legal Zoom called and said that in Michigan she needed a PLLC.
Miranda and Kelly from ZynnyMe have become great friends of mine! I loved their work before we started hanging out, but now I am really appreciating all they do. Here are a few amazing things they are doing:
- Private Practice Blog: Informative and practice articles all about what private practice owners need to know. http://www.zynnyme.com/blog/
- Trainings and Webinars: Over 10 hours of free trainings on how to grow a private practice. http://www.zynnyme.com/trainings/
- Business School Bootcamp: This intensive bootcamp helps you to evaluate, change your mentality, and grow quickly! It’s like bootcamp and kicks your butt, but everyone I have talked to that has completed it says it was the thing that took them to the next level. Learn more about BSB. Tell them I sent you.
PsychCentral is an enormous website dedicated to articles about every aspect of psychology, counseling, clients, and professionals. I write for them around the topic of How to Become a Consultant. They have thousands of articles, also they are great to write for! Here are just a few of the topics:
- Psychological Diagnosis
- Online quizzes
- News and Experts
- Research and Resources
- Pro section for counselors
Check out PsychCentral
The bedrock to all that I do online is Bluehost! Your hosting for your websites is the single most important decision you can make regarding your online presence. If you don’t have quality hosting, you’ll spend extra money and emotional energy. Here’s what I love about Bluehost:
- You can host unlimited domains.
- They have live in-person, US-based customer service.
- They assign you someone to oversee your account, so you can call them.
- They are very inexpensive ($4-$6/month depending on the plan you choose)
- You get a URL when you sign up!
It is totally worth it to sign up for Bluehost and speed up your website! Also, since i know it really well, I can usually help walk you through issues.
What are your favorite tools? Leave them in the comments below.
Joseph R. Sanok, MA, LLP, LPC, NCC
Joe Sanok is an ambitious results expert. He is a private practice business consultant and counselor that helps small businesses and counselors in private practice to increase revenue and have more fun! He helps owners with website design, vision, growth, and using their time to create income through being a private practice consultant.
Joe was frustrated with his lack of business and marketing skills when he left graduate school. He loved helping people through counseling, but felt that often people couldn’t find him. Over the past few years he has grown his skills, income, and ability to lead others, while still maintaining an active private practice in Traverse City, MI.
To link to Joe’s Google+ .