In this brief business basics article, I will show you how to add an image to a gmail signature. First let’s talk about why it is important to add an image to a gmail signature:
- Branding your business: Your image is your brand, people remember a visual brand about 10x more than a business does not have a clear brand.
- Building Professionalism: If your gmail has your logo, your facebook is branded, and your Twitter all match, it tells your clients that you care and that you know what you are doing.
- People make assumptions: If you are good at technology and staying current, people think that you must also I (which is outside of your field) then you must be good at your own field!
How to add an image to a Gmail signature
Here’s the step-by-step on how to add an image to a gmail signature. First, you’ll need to have the image hosted somewhere. This is sometimes the most frustrating part.
How to host an image on a URL
Since I use WordPress for my websites and it is super easy to customize, I’m going to first walk you through how to do it in WordPress.
1. Click on “Media”
2. Click “Add New” or “Library”
If you have not uploaded your image
1. Click “Add New”
2. Drop file or select file to upload it
If you have already used your logo on your website, click on “Library”
3. Click on the photo you want to use
4. Click on the URL for the photo
If you don’t use WordPress an want to, sign up for Bluehost Hosting (affiliate link for the awesome hosting I use) and do the “One click install” of WordPress.
Another option is to upload the picture using Canva
www.Canva.com is a great resource for design, but they will also host your pictures and provide a URL.
Now the easy part of how to add a logo to a Gmail Signature
2. Click on settings
3. Go to the general tab, scroll down
4. In the signature section, click the image button
5. Paste in logo URL as the image URL, it will be huge, click on “small” to make it my size
Then you’re done! Make sure you test it first.
Here’s what I use as my email signature:
This email transmission contains privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. There are limits to confidentiality when using email. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this message to an intended recipient, please delete the email and immediately notify the sender via the email return address or mail to: joe@_______. For removal from this email, please reply “remove.” Thank you.
Joseph R. Sanok, MA, LLP, LPC, NCC
Joe Sanok is a private practice business consultant and counselor that helps small businesses and counselors in private practice to increase revenue and have more fun! He helps owners with website design, vision, growth, and using their time to create income through being a private practice consultant.
Joe was frustrated with his lack of business and marketing skills when he left graduate school. He loved helping people through counseling, but felt that often people couldn’t find him. Over the past few years he has grown his skills, income, and ability to lead others, while still maintaining an active private practice in Traverse City, MI.