I often remind people that an easy way to make passive income is to become an Amazon Associate. As an Amazon Associate, you’ll get 3-5% of all sales 24 hours after someone clicks your link. Here are appropriate places you may want to use links:
- On a resources page for your private practice.
- In emails to clients with resources.
- Response to questions via email.
- In blog posts.
- Book reviews on your website
Amazon Associates Best-Practice
As a counselor, we always have to look at the best interest of our clients. That is why these best-practices are really important:
- Always disclose that it is an affiliate link: Say something like, “Thanks in advance for using the links below. We get a minor commission for referring you to Amazon, which we reinvest in different things within the business such as a sliding fee scale for low-income clients and new drinks in our lobby.”
- Make sure it fits with what you are already doing: If you write a blog post about marriage, maybe include a link to John Gottman’s The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country’s Foremost Relationship Expert (affiliate link)
Amazon Associates Child Update
Recently Amazon sent out an email. It’s really important to follow their instructions. Here’s what it said
“Thank you for being part of the Amazon Associates program. We’re reaching out to remind you that sites targeted at children under 13 are not eligible to display links and advertising from the Amazon Associates program. To continue your participation in the Amazon Associates program, you need to declare that none of your sites are directed at children under 13.
August 31, 2015 – We will begin to withhold advertising fee payments to accounts that have not completed their declaration.
October 31, 2015 – We will close accounts that have not completed their declaration.
To complete the declaration:
1. Sign in to your Associates Central account at: https://affiliate-program.
2. Click on “Account Settings”, then click on “Edit your website list”
3. Ensure ‘Your website list’ is accurate – by adding new websites or removing existing ones from the list.
4. Click on “Next” and complete the declaration process.
If you have questions or issues regarding your Amazon Associates website list, please contact Amazon Associates Customer Service at: https://affiliate-program.
How to sign up for Amazon Associates
Go to the Amazon Associates Page and sign up. If you’re not sure how to copy HTML code, just get a short link.
Joseph R. Sanok, MA, LLP, LPC, NCC
Joe Sanok is an ambitious results expert. He is a private practice business consultant and counselor that helps small businesses and counselors in private practice to increase revenue and have more fun! He helps owners with website design, vision, growth, and using their time to create income through being a private practice consultant.
Joe was frustrated with his lack of business and marketing skills when he left graduate school. He loved helping people through counseling, but felt that often people couldn’t find him. Over the past few years he has grown his skills, income, and ability to lead others, while still maintaining an active private practice in Traverse City, MI.
To link to Joe’s Google+ .