Do you want to work with different media opportunities? How can you become involved in local media outlets to advertise your practice and skills? What are the steps you can take to get in touch with experts?
In this podcast episode, Joe Sanok speaks about how to get featured on different media.
Podcast Sponsor: Therapy Notes
Try out TherapyNotes! It makes notes, billing, scheduling, and telehealth a whole lot easier. Check it out and you will quickly see why it’s the highest-rated EHR on TrustPilot with over 1000 verified customer reviews and an average customer rating of 4.9/5 stars.
You’ll notice the difference from the first day you sign up for a trial. They offer live phone support 7 days a week.
So when you have questions, you can quickly reach someone who can help, you are never wasting your time looking for answers.
If you are coming from another EHR, they make the transition really easy. TherapyNotes will import your clients’ demographic data free of charge during your trial so you can get going right away.
To get 3 free months of TherapyNotes, no strings attached including their very reliable telehealth platform click here.
In This Podcast
- Getting local attention
- Help A Reporter Out
- Launching book PR
Getting local attention
First and foremost when you have a local practice you want to be in every single one of the local papers, local magazines: everywhere has its own thing. (Joe Sanok)
Your city and state will have their own “things”, whether online websites or local newspapers and pages.
Getting onto Forbes is great for your website and image, however, to get into contact with your local ideal client to get them into your practice, you need to work with your top local media outlets.
Look at local:
[Taking] the lead on [that connection] locally is less reactionary than just waiting for them to reach out to you … reach out to local radio and see if you can have a weekly show. (Joe Sanok)
Help A Reporter Out
Consider working with outlets like HARO which sends out three emails a day about different categories.
Get in touch with them and see if you can pair up with a reporter and help them to publish their article on the topic that you know. In your email, provide your:
- Type of license
So that they can include your information on the published article and reference you correctly.
I would say “here’s one quote of three sentences, here’s another … feel free to edit it as long as the main context is kept. Here’s my cellphone number if you have any follow-up questions, I’m happy to talk to you.” (Joe Sanok)
Launching book PR
This was a multi-level media coverage project.
- Joe reached out to all the podcasters who had been on Practice of the Practice Podcast and set up an easy way for them to book Joe to discuss his book.
- Hired Interview Valet to help Joe get onto other people’s podcasts to advertise his book.
- Higher-end podcasts and higher-end media: Joe’s team worked out a budget to bring in experts onto the podcast to talk with him about topics relating to the book.
- Investing in a PR company that can open doors to high-end connections.
Maintain your relationships with people who work in the media because these relationships can grow over time and open doors for you down the line.
Books mentioned in this episode:
Useful Links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit the Married Counselors website and listen to their podcast
- Visit Therapy Notes and use promo code ‘joe’ to receive three months free
- Visit Thursday is the New Friday and purchase 5 books to receive access to Killin’ it Camp. Purchase 10 books to receive access to Mastermind with Joe.
- Ask Joe a question
- Check out the Help A Reporter Out Website
Check out these additional resources:
- Money Skills for Therapists with Linzy Bonham | POP 619
- Apply to work together
- Pillars of Practice
- Sign up for Next Level Practice
- Events – click on the event’s dropdown
- Sign up to join the free webinars and events here
- Podcast Launch School
- Practice of the Practice Podcast Network
- Free resources to help you start, grow, and scale
- Apply to work with us
Meet Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok helps counselors to create thriving practices that are the envy of other counselors. He has helped counselors to grow their businesses by 50-500% and is proud of all the private practice owners that are growing their income, influence, and impact on the world. Click here to explore consulting with Joe.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!