Have you ever wanted to write and publish a book? Should you get a ghost writer or write it yourself? If you do opt for a ghost writer, how much does that cost?
In this episode, Joe Sanok speaks with Caleb Breakey about writing books.
If you’re thinking of starting a practice, or you’re making less than $40 000 a year in your practice, you have to be on my email list about starting a practice! You’re going to get a 20-step checklist on exactly what to do in your first year of practice. You’re going to get videos that will walk you through how to get your ideal client, and also how to evaluate the local market. As well, you’re going to get paste out emails on how to continue to grow. And, at the end of that series, I’m going to invite you to go over to my growth and scaling phase email course, where you’re going to be able to learn how to grow past that $40 000 up to that six-figure practice. Would love for you to join over at www.practiceofthepractice.com/start.
Meet Caleb Breakey
- Lead Book Director of SpeakItToBook.com and SermonToBook.com
- Author of Called to Stay (Amazon #1 bestseller in Church Growth and ECPA Christian Book Award finalist) and Dating Like Airplanes (#10 bestseller in Relationships)
- Winner of the prestigious Genesis Contest founded by American Christian Fiction Writers
- Graduate of the Christian Writers Guild’s highest level
- Student of Christian writing giants Jerry B. Jenkins (Left Behind) and Ted Dekker (Circle Series)
- Teacher at all of the major Christian writing conferences across the nation
- Award-winning journalist and interviewer of numerous star athletes and musicians, including Derek Jeter, Roger Clemons, David Ortiz, Alex Rodriguez, Emerson Drive, and Casting Crowns.
- Website: http://www.speakittobook.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/calebbreakey/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CalebBreakey
Caleb Breakey’s Story
Caleb has always loved to write. From a young age, he was the one that wrote the family newsletters etc. He then studied journalism at University and went into sports journalism. After about two years, he felt a calling to go into books.
In This Podcast
In this podcast, Joe Sanok speaks with Caleb Breakey about writing books. From things to consider before deciding to take this on to how to market it and what to include in each chapter. While writing a book is a big commitment, it can do wonders in growing in your practice! Writing e-books can help with SEO and position you as an expert in your field.
Things to Consider Before Writing a Book
- It’s a hard journey
- It requires guidance through every process
- You need to market (online)
- Research in order to ensure value is provided through your book
- Identify your ideal reader
- Figure out a writing system
97% of all books are going to sell 5000 or less.
Points to Include in Each Chapter
- Snatch attention
- Simplify point
- Show why this is important
- Give proof of concept
- Articulate reader’s questions
- Answer ‘how we can apply this to our lives?’
- Inspire to keep reading
Writing a book is about building a relationship with your ideal client.
- Phil Singleton Moved to Asia and Came Back a Different Man | PoP 275
Meet Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok helps counselors to create thriving practices that are the envy of other counselors. He has helped counselors to grow their businesses by 50-500% and is proud of all the private practice owners that are growing their income, influence, and impact on the world. Click here to explore consulting with Joe.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!