In the information age, small businesses have the opportunity to compete with the companies, which are much bigger in size. Today, every organization has equal chances to succeed in the market. It is worth mentioning that an effective content marketing strategy is one of those magical tools, which helps small business to thrive.
If you plan to grow your profit in 2019, you should learn more about the content marketing essentials. You can start absorbing new information right now, just keep reading this article.
Produce high-quality content
It seems to be obvious that the quality of the content must be as high as possible. However, some small business owners still wrongly believe that quantity, not quality is the only thins, which matter. They don’t understand the real value of unique content.
The point is that modern users struggle to find comprehensive answers to their questions online. Sadly, in most cases, they get access only to poorly rewritten articles, which contain general information. If you want to satisfy the needs of your target audience, you should craft high-quality blog posts, which discusses the concrete questions in details.
Are you ready to craft an effective content marketing strategy to grow your small business in 2019? Let’s check the following useful tools and services, which might help you to hit your goal:
- Google Trends. Use this tool to find out which keywords are currently trending in your niche. Later, you will base your content strategy on this keyword research.
- If you have no time to create content on your own, you can delegate this task to professionals. This service will help you to get high-quality, well-researched articles crafted by writers with a background in your niche.
- You can use this freelance platform to find and hire a qualified content creator, who will help you to produce textual and visual content.
- If you need any assistance with content editing and proofreading, check this service. It will help you to check your articles for grammar mistakes and typos.
Focus on social media
If you want to boost the profitability of your small business, you should grow your online presence first. You should be active on social media to grab the attention of the modern users. Telling the truth, it’s not that hard.
Today, people spend more than 4 hours on social platforms, and if you produce great content, they will get interested in visiting your account. Your primary task is to create business profiles on two or three social networks, which your target audience uses the most. It can be Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest or even YouTube.
If you have never managed the business account on social networks before, there are a few tips for you:
- Publish new content regularly. It’s important to Tweet updates daily, and to share Facebook posts at least twice a week.
- The video is a king in the world of content. You could post one-minute videos on Instagram or 15-minutes video on YouTube – chose a format, which fits your strategy the best.
- Create Stories. The point is that modern people are super busy. Today, they prefer watching the Stories instead of scrolling the feed page.
- Answer the comments. Social media is a place where you can communicate with your potential clients face to face. Don’t miss this great opportunity to start building trust in a relationship with your target audience.
- Like and comment posts created by your potential clients. This is a simple way to grab their attention.
- Participate in groups and discussions. Try to build an image of an intellectual leader in your niche.
Diversify your content strategy
If you want to engage modern users, it’s not enough to write good articles. You should create various types of content to grab and retain attention. You should produce not only textual but also visual content.
- First of all, you should use high-resolution images. You can get them from free photo stocks, or take your own pictures using your camera or smartphone. You will add these images to your articles, social media post, etc.
- Unboxing, how-to, explanatory, product overview and other types of video are extremely popular online. So, you should take your camera and start shooting videos, which will help you to promote your goods and services.
- Design infographics. This is a great way to present a sophisticated topic in an easy-to-understand form. There are lots of tools available online, which allow you to create simple infographics in a few clicks.
Learn more about SEO
Well, it’s important to make your content not only interesting to read, but also easy to find online. Your task is to make Google fall in love with your content using SEO tools. If a search engine puts your articles in the top of the result page, it will mean that you crafted an outstanding digital marketing strategy.
As an owner of a small business, it’s unlikely that you have the time and desire to master new skills and become an SEO expert. However, you can learn the basics really fast. Let’s start with memorizing the following simple rules:
- Keep your sentences short. The perfect length of the sentence is around13-22 words.
- Paragraphs should be short as well. Every paragraph should consist of 2-3 sentences only.
- Use keywords wisely. If you use keywords too often, Google will penalize you for spamming.
- Don’t include rarely used words to the text. It’s recommended to substitute them with high-school-level vocabulary.
- Don’t overuse passive voice, because it worsens readability.
- Eliminate words and phrases, which don’t add any value to the text.
It’s not that hard to build a content marketing strategy when you clearly understand what type of content your target audience wants to get. If you produce and publish high-quality content on a regular basis, you will definitely achieve your business goals in 2019. Watch the market trends, do blogging, and you will be rewarded with increased brand loyalty and higher profitability.
Bridgette Hernandez is a Master in Anthropology. Currently, she is a writer at Supreme Dissertations. She is passionate about writing, coaching and horse riding. Bridgette is working on a book, which will help young entrepreneurs to promote their goods and services on a tight budget.