Are there big dreams or big changes you need to create or make in your life? Is there a framework you can follow to guide you through difficult times of making hard-edged decisions? Why is 2021 fertile ground for new business ventures?
In this therapist podcast episode, Joe Sanok speaks with Eric Malzone on how to make big scary business decisions.
Taking care of employees has never been more important. For years, Gusto’s been helping more than 100,000 small business owners run payroll, offer benefits, onboard new employees, and more. They call it the people platform. And it doesn’t just look nice — it works!
Your payroll taxes are filed, deductions are calculated, and your team gets paid. You can even offer health insurance and 401(k)s. Get 3 months free after your first payroll when you go to gusto.com/ joe.
Eric’s professional experience stems from a decade in various sales and marketing roles that led him to open a CrossFit (TM) affiliate in 2009, Gravitas Fitness.
After 9+ years of owning multiple gyms and a deep analysis of his own “ideal day”, he decided to successfully exit his brick and mortar businesses to pursue the life he (and his wife) wanted while creating a bigger impact on the fitness industry as a whole.
Since then, Eric has launched and grown two top-rated podcasts- The Future of Fitness and Fitness Blitz Radio – interviewed 600+ professionals in the areas of fitness, health, and wellness – and co-founded Level 5 Mentors and Certified Course Creation amongst numerous consulting projects and joint ventures.
In This Podcast
- Big scary decisions framework
- Mindsets to try out for the New Year
- Advice to private practice owners
Big scary decisions framework
- Ask yourself, what is the worst thing that can happen? Flesh out what the worst outcome could be to the decision that you are considering making. Verbalizing these theoretical fears often takes away a lot of their fear factor.
Once you boil it down to what’s the worst possible thing that can happen, and just be real you know, what is the worst possible thing that can happen, because its usually not as bad as you’d think. (Eric Malzone)
- Then ask yourself the follow-up question, 10 years from now will I regret not having tried it? This is a powerful one because you visualize your future self and question how much you value this new maneuver.
- The final question, what is the tiniest first step you can take to doing this new thing? Then, after you have answered all these questions, you can begin to move forward slowly into this new decision.
Mindsets to try out for the New Year
The end of the year signifies a prominent end and beginning for most people, an auspicious time to make a change by throwing out the old and bringing in the new.
Although this power and mindset is beneficial, it is important to remember that it does not only work at this time of the year, because you are able to reinvent or change yourself at any time. A lot of generally accepted norms are arbitrary, and you do not need to follow them simply because everyone else does.
Consider, what can you sustain for this year, rather than following a January-goal?
Advice to private practice owners
Ask yourself, all the plans that you have for ‘someday’ whatever that someday is to you, what can you do to make that someday today?
- Tony Guarnaccia Talks About Creating a Results Loop to Level Up Faster | PoP 520
- Events – click on the event’s dropdown
- Killin’It Camp
- Sign up to join the free webinars and events here
- Podcast Launch School
- Practice of the Practice Podcast Network
- Free resources to help you start, grow and scale
- Apply to work with us
Meet Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok helps counselors to create thriving practices that are the envy of other counselors. He has helped counselors to grow their businesses by 50-500% and is proud of all the private practice owners that are growing their income, influence, and impact on the world. Click here to explore consulting with Joe.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!