What do you think branding is? Do you have two businesses but are not sure whether you can use the same branding for both? How can putting together a brand style guide help you clarify your message and your branding?
In this podcast episode, Sam Carvalho dives into some frequently asked questions around marketing your private practice. This episode answers whether or not you should have different branding if you own two businesses.
In This Podcast
- What is branding?
- Considerations to take when branding two separate businesses
- Things to think about when considering branding/logo
- Developing a brand style guide
What is branding?
Think of branding as wrapping your business in a packaging that is going to attract your ideal client.
What considerations should you take into account when branding two separate businesses?
If these businesses are directed at two different audiences, then the branding/packaging they come in needs to be different i.e you have a group practice focused on helping couples and you have a podcast focused on connecting with other therapists.
If however your podcast or your workshops is to support your group practice and are therefore being marketed to the same audience, then the branding can look the same.
Things to think about when considering branding/logo
- Who is your target audience?
- What is your brand personality?
- What do you want your logo/branding to communicate?
- What is your color scheme?
- Which design styles do you like?
- What are others in your industry doing?
- Do you prefer a logo with just a font or with an illustration/icon?
- What do you want the illustration/icon to be?
- What fonts do you prefer?
Developing a brand style guide
Whenever you are asking yourself questions about the branding of your business, or you’re not clear on what your visual identity and the main message is, then it’s time to sit down and develop a brand style guide.
This guide will include all the answers to the above questions as well as your mission and your vision. It’s based on who your target audience is, what your brand personality is, what you’re trying to communicate.
- FAQ 2/4: Should You Include Your Branding on Social Media? | MP 08
- FAQ 1/4: What Brand Colours & Imagery Should You Choose for Your Website? | MP 07
- Design Services With Sam
- Join Next Level Practice
- Apply to work with us
Meet Sam Carvalho
Sam Carvalho is a graphic designer living in Cape Town, South Africa, with over five years of experience in both design and marketing, with a special interest and experience in the start-up environment.
She has been working with Practice of the Practice since 2016 and has helped over 70 therapist entrepreneurs take their practices to the next level by enhancing their visual branding. She loves working with a variety of clients on design-intensive tasks and is always up for a challenge!
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!