Does your brand feel outdated? Are you no longer attracting your ideal client? Is a complete rebrand necessary or can you just update a few elements?
In this podcast episode, Sam Carvalho dives into some frequently asked questions around marketing your private practice. This episode answers when you should rebrand.
In This Podcast
- When is rebranding necessary?
- What makes a good logo?
- Other reasons to rebrand
- Ways to rebrand
- Things to keep in mind
When is rebranding necessary?
Rebranding is only necessary if you feel your brand is outdated compared to current trends and is no longer attracting your ideal client.
If you are just starting out you should put in the time, effort and money into setting up a beautiful, timeless brand.
What makes a good logo?
A good logo is timeless, simple, effective and communicates what your brand message is.
Other reasons to rebrand
- New positioning – maybe you’re changing your niche
- More relevant – if you’ve changed positioning and you need to rebrand so that it is relevant to your target market
Ways to rebrand
You can start off by making subtle changes such as tackling one element at a time by first updating your color scheme, then your logo and then moving on to your print material and social media, etc.
Or you could do a complete rebrand where you have your designer and web developer working in the background and you build up hype to launch your rebrand and release everything at the same time.
You could look at doing only a visual rebrand, or renaming and visual rebrand or take it even one step further by updating your vision and mission.
Click here to see an examples of a rebranding win and fail.
Things to keep in mind
- Always keep existing elements to maintain brand recognition
- Refer to your brand style guide if you have one to see what you would like to update, then set up a new brand style guide. If you don’t currently have a brand style guide then you would set one up from scratch.
- Ensure that there is consistency across platforms
- Modernize your branding but maintain what it communicates etc.
- Simplify your branding
- FAQ 3/4: If You Own Two Businesses, Should Their Branding Be the Same? | MP 09
- FAQ 2/4: Should You Include Your Branding on Social Media? | MP 08
- FAQ 1/4: What Brand Colours & Imagery Should You Choose for Your Website? | MP 07
- Email Sam at email@example.com
- Design Services With Sam
- Join Next Level Practice
- Apply to work with us
Meet Sam Carvalho
Sam Carvalho is a graphic designer living in Cape Town, South Africa, with over five years of experience in both design and marketing, with a special interest and experience in the start-up environment.
She has been working with Practice of the Practice since 2016 and has helped over 70 therapist entrepreneurs take their practices to the next level by enhancing their visual branding. She loves working with a variety of clients on design-intensive tasks and is always up for a challenge!
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!