Are you working in an agency and wondering whether you can start your own business by having your own private practice? Does the thought of not having everything perfect right from the start send shivers up your spine? Are you just coming out of the starting phase of your business and wondering how you can level up to that growth phase?
In this reverse podcast episode, Gordon Brewer interviews Joe Sanok on running a business.
TherapyNotes facilitates the workflow of mental health professionals through robust, secure, and streamlined software, accessible wherever and whenever you need it. With fully-integrated scheduling, notes, billing, electronic claims, and more, you’ll have more time for what matters most: your patients.
To get 2 free months of TherapyNotes click on www.therapynotes.com and enter the promo code: Joe18
Meet Gordon Brewer
Gordon is a licensed marital and family therapist in private practice located in Kingsport, TN. He is the owner/president of his group practice Kingsport Counseling Associates, PLLC (www.kingsportcounseling.com). Gordon has been in practice for over 15 years and is also a private practice consultant. His blog and consulting website is www.practiceoftherapy.com. You can also find out more about Gordon at:
Gordon Brewer’s Story
Gordon’s career as a therapist and consultant began in 2001 when he finished grad-school and began working in the non-profit sector for an organization that provided intensive in-home therapy for at-risk youth.
Gordon went into private practice as therapist part-time to begin with which enabled him to work full-time and see private clients in the evenings and on weekends. He made the big step in 2010 of moving into private practice full-time. In 2014 he formed a group practice, Kingsport Counseling Associates, PLLC, located in Kingsport, TN.
In This Podcast
In this reverse podcast Gordon Brewer speaks to Joe Sanok about his private practice journey and the steps he took to level up to a group practice, consultancy, blogging and doing podcasts.
Defining The Different Levels of Private Practice
We help people with innovative ideas to start, grow and scale a private practice.
- Keep your costs and risks low
- Bootstrap as much as you can because you have the time, wear multiple hats
- Learn, read blogs and listen to podcasts
- Utilize resources that are being given away or are at a low cost
- Learn from people who have done it
- Zoom in on your ideal your ideal client
- Look at how you can reinvest back into the practice so that you can build your image and branding
- Start delegating work by hiring a virtual assistant
- Prioritise what you want to deal with
- Value your time more and focusing on where you get the best ROI
Why Is It Important To Have A Coach/Mentor
When someone has done something it’s easier for them to show you how it’s done.
In order for you to level up it is important to have someone who’s gone through the process as they can guide you. Working with a coach should be looked at as an investment rather than an expense.
Being Paralyzed By Perfection
Its more important to have imperfect actions that helps us move forward, than to be perfect and have inaction.
Characteristics Of A Clinician Perfect For Private Practice
- Good clinical work
- Desire to want to grow a business
If you’re just starting a private practice sure to download Joe’s 28-step checklist to start a practice here!
If you’re growing and scaling a practice above $60k then click here to join Next Level Mastermind.
- Adding 1099 Contractors To Your Practice
- How To Start A Private Practice In One Day
- Five Business Development Ideas Within The Scaling Phase of Practice
- Three Business Development Strategies Within the Growth Phase of Private Practice
- Marissa Lawton On Marketing Through Influencers I PoP 316
Meet Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok helps counselors to create thriving practices that are the envy of other counselors. He has helped counselors to grow their businesses by 50-500% and is proud of all the private practice owners that are growing their income, influence, and impact on the world. Click here to explore consulting with Joe.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!