Do you want a healthier relationship with money? How can you parent your kids to have a healthier and more mindful approach to money? What are the first steps to solving your money mindset issues?
In this podcast episode, Alison Pidgeon speaks with Kiné Corder about helping therapists with their money mindset.
Podcast Sponsor: Heard
Tax season got you feeling anxious? You’re not alone. That’s why therapists turn to Heard.
Built and designed specifically for clinicians in private practice, Heard offers affordable bookkeeping services, personalized financial reporting, and tax assistance to ensure you’re making the most of your business and your time.
Heard saves therapists an average of 5,397 dollars on bookkeeping and taxes each year.
When you join Heard, you’ll work directly with financial specialists to track your income and expenses, file taxes online, and grow your practice.
You can say goodbye to guessing your tax deductions and stressing out over quarterly tax payments. Focus on your clients, while Heard takes care of the rest.
Plans begin at $149 per month and can easily be tailored to fit your business’ financial needs.
Sign up now at www.joinheard.com.
Meet Kiné Corder
Kiné is a National Certified Counselor and the World’s #1 Clinical Financial Hypnotherapist specializing in Corporate Therapy. She’s also the CEO of Presidential Lifestyle, a subscription based, mental health company focused on training therapists and making mental health accessible to all through the workplace.
Since being on Oprah and ABC’s Extreme Makeover Show, Kiné has become a best-selling author and an international speaker taking the stage with well-known speakers like Les Brown, JJ Virgin, and Daymond John.
FREEBIE: Experience the fast long lasting healing power of Tame Your Brain Corporate Therapy.
In This Podcast
- Common mindset issues people have around money
- How to parent your kids to have a healthier relationship with money
- Solving your money mindset issues
Common mindset issues people have around money
1 – Old habits: your brain prefers what it knows to what is unknown. If all you have known about money is scarcity and struggle, then your brain will associate money with difficulty. You have to retrain your brain to see money differently.
It is our responsibility to do something about [old mindsets] to train our brains, especially when it comes to money because money is how we give and receive love. (Kiné Corder)
2 – Giving and receiving love: therapists often undercharge for their services as a subconscious act of love and kindness towards their clients.
Do not assume that your clients cannot afford your services.
Money is energetic and if the exchange is uneven, then the energy, which also affects the therapeutic relationship, is off. (Kiné Corder)
3 – Giving clients discounts for them to like you: another aspect of money as a medium of giving and receiving love is that therapists may provide discounts they cannot afford in the hopes of establishing a relationship with the client. However, try to avoid doing this.
How to parent your kids to have a healthier relationship with money
Because limiting beliefs can be inherited from one generation to the next, you can break this cycle by helping your kids develop healthier relationships with money.
Money is energetic. If you feel nervous about money, then they are going to feel that nervousness, and that is what you are passing down. (Kiné Corder)
- Practice awareness: listen to what your children are saying about money, the questions they are asking you, and how you respond.
- Do the work: before you can teach your kids how to handle money with confidence, you need to check your ideas, behaviors, and feelings towards money as well.
- Watch your language: be mindful of the language you use around your kids about money because that language will program the perceptions that they develop about money.
Solving your money mindset issues
You [have to] go in with acceptance; “this is how I am right now, but this is not how I have to be [in the future]”. (Kiné Corder)
- Practice awareness. Notice what you want to change and what is not working for you anymore.
- Give yourself acceptance. Realize that you did the best you could with what you had, and now you can learn more to do things differently.
- Adjust what is not there. What is it going to take for you to become and achieve what you desire?
Kiné’s five pillars:
1 – know your vision
2 – know yourself
3 – know your pause
4 – know your laws
5 – know your cause
Useful links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit the Presidential Lifestyle website, and connect with Kiné on Twitter and LinkedIn
- When you join Heard, you’ll work directly with financial specialists to track your income and expenses, file taxes online, and grow your practice. Sign up now at www.joinheard.com.
Check out these additional resources:
- Using Facebook and Instagram to Grow Your Practice with Jennifer Spivak | GP 113
- Group Practice Launch
- Group Practice Boss: www.practiceofthepractice.com/grouppracticeboss $149 a month
- Email Alison: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PoP Group Practice Owners Facebook Group
- Free resources to help you start, grow, and scale
- Work with us
- Consult With Alison
- Alison Pidgeon on Therapy for Your Money Podcast
- Practice of the Practice Network
Meet Alison Pidgeon, Group Practice Owner
Alison Pidgeon, LPC is the owner of Move Forward Counseling, a group practice in Lancaster, PA and she runs a virtual assistant company, Move Forward Virtual Assistants.
Alison has been working with Practice of the Practice since 2016. She has helped over 70 therapist entrepreneurs start and grow their businesses, through mastermind groups and individual consulting.
Transformation From A Private Practice To Group Practice
In addition, she is a private practice consultant for Practice of the Practice. Allison’s private practice ‘grew up.’ What started out as a solo private practice in early 2015 quickly grew into a group practice and has been expanding ever since.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!