In general, people are really overwhelmed and busy. Think about who you actually listen to, who do you follow on a regular consistent basis? Maybe there’s one podcaster that you always listen to, or there’s a blog post that is your go-to. But generally, you don’t give your attention to many people nor should we expect that our audiences are going to give attention to us.
That’s why amazing content helps you find new people to get into your sales funnel, while also serving those people that you’ve already connected with. When people come to your website there are only two questions that they ask themselves:
- Am I in the right place
- Can this person actually help me
Why Content is King
Content is king for a number of reasons:
- Whether you make podcasts, video blogs, a regular blog, an email course or an e-book. No matter how you create content, what you’re doing is you’re connecting with the pain that your audience is feeling and giving them solutions as the expert. When you position yourself as the guide or the expert and allow your client to thrive from that, they’re going to trust you more and they’re going to want to buy more of your products.
- Another reason is that we give attention to things that matter. Think about Netflix, people talk about things being binge-worthy. How much time have you spent watching Game of Thrones? A podcast might be informative and give clear takeaways or that recipe blog might speed things up for you.
When people create content, that doesn’t matter, that’s just put out there for SEO or for Google, that’s not going to help you actually grow and stand out. Instead, we want to have content that’s amazing, that goes beyond what everyone else is doing. So that yes, Google looks for you and they like you and they rank you higher, but even more importantly we want to connect with your ideal client.
Making Binge Worthy Content
So take that same idea of content binge-worthy worthy, think about how do you make binge-worthy content?
- Create a series – You can do this with most blog posts, podcasts, courses or video content. You can have five main points you address.
- The more you specialize and what you’re writing about, creating or Facebook living, the more you’re going to get people that are highly passionate about you. It doesn’t take many people to create an audience that will really make an impact.
- Trust is where the sales come from – When people trust you and they feel like they connect with you, they see how you can be their guide to help them grow in a number of ways.
If you want more resources just like this then subscribe to our YouTube Channel or check out my weekly podcast. I’m doing amazing interviews with people that I can’t believe I get to interview, Lewis Howes, Rob Bell, Mike Michalowicz, Jay Papasan and people that not only stand out in the field of business but that are also running a business that matters and creating a life that really is a lot of fun to live.
Joseph R. Sanok, MA, LLP, LPC, NCC
Joe Sanok is an ambitious results expert. He is a private practice business consultant and counselor that helps small businesses and counselors in private practice to increase revenue and have more fun! He helps owners with website design, vision, growth, and using their time to create income through being a private practice consultant. Joe was frustrated with his lack of business and marketing skills when he left graduate school. He loved helping people through counseling but felt that often people couldn’t find him. Over the past few years, he has grown his skills, income, and ability to lead others, while still maintaining an active private practice in Traverse City, MI. To link to Joe’s Google+ .