Is one-on-one coaching a good investment of your time and money? Can your practice go from solo to staffed in under a year? Do you want accountability and help in scaling your group practice?
In this podcast episode, Whitney Owens speaks with Colleen Wenner about how to grow fast in private practice.
Podcast Sponsor: Brighter Vision
If warmer weather has you feeling like it’s time for a website refresh, or you’d like to boost your online presence, look no further than Brighter Vision’s custom digital marketing solutions, designed specifically for therapists.
And the timing couldn’t be better because they just kicked off their Spring Cleaning sale! Sign up with Brighter Vision before April 30th and you’ll get $10/month off of your first year of website service with the Brighter Vision team, plus they’ll throw in 3 FREE months of Social Genie to give your therapist blog and social media pages a serious boost, so you can focus on what matters most – your patients!
So get a jumpstart on your private practice’s spring cleaning list by contacting Brighter Vision. To get started and learn more, visit brightervision.com/joe.
Meet Colleen Wenner
Colleen is the founder and owner of New Heights Counseling and Consulting in Fort Walton Beach, FL where she and her team provide individual and group counseling to the surrounding community.
Working with people throughout the years Colleen has found her ability to relate to young and old an asset. She is a Master Certified Addiction Professional, a Certified EMDR trauma specialist and currently a Consultant in training through EMDRIA.
Email Colleen at: email@example.com
In This Podcast
- Solo to six staff in under a year
- Return on investment
- Colleen’s tips to grow your practice quickly and effectively
- Colleen’s advice to Christian counselors
Solo to six staff in under a year
After being part of Group Practice Launch, Colleen went from starting her business from scratch to managing a group practice with six staff members in under one year.
She hired interns, clinicians, and later, her husband as a life coach for clients. Now her practice is thriving.
Return on investment
Without a doubt [the investment has paid itself off]. From the beginning I knew that it would be an investment, and doing one-on-one [coaching] with [Whitney] … I knew that was a great way to start and to make that investment. (Colleen Wenner)
Even though investing in coaching and purchasing entry into a Mastermind is expensive, it is a direct investment into the success of your practice.
Since getting coaching from Whitney and having been part of the Mastermind, Colleen’s income has doubled since last November and tripled since last May.
Colleen’s tips to grow your practice quickly and effectively
I would say [to] do the individual consulting first because [Whitney] was laser-focused on where [I] was at and where [I] wanted to be, and [showed] me the next steps [I] needed to take. (Colleen Wenner)
- Invest in getting high-quality one-on-one coaching
- Purchase a ticket to join Mastermind groups
- Be prepared to take risks because it can help you to land great rewards
Colleen’s advice to Christian counselors
Make decisions for yourself and your business based on your values and core beliefs.
Useful links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit New Heights Counseling and Consulting and connect with them on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Email Colleen at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit brightervision.com/joe to receive 3 free months of social genie and $10 off each month for your first year
- How to Delegate in Your Group Practice While Working Less and Making More: Free webinar on May 3rd, 2022 with Whitney Owens and Alison Pidgeon
- Group Practice Boss: doors open from May 3rd to May 6th, 2022. Early bird special from $129 a month
- Take Faith in Practice further with the Mastermind Course
- Join the Faith in Practice Facebook Group and subscribe to the email list
- Email Whitney: email@example.com
Check out these additional resources:
- How to Grow Your Business through Delegation with Daniel Fava | FP 133
- Next Level Practice
- Practice of the Practice Podcast Network
- Group Practice Boss
Meet Whitney Owens
Whitney is a licensed professional counselor and owns a growing group practice in Savannah, Georgia. Along with a wealth of experience managing a practice, she also has an extensive history working in a variety of clinical and religious settings, allowing her to specialize in consulting for faith-based practices and those wanting to connect with religious organizations.
Knowing the pains and difficulties surrounding building a private practice, she started this podcast to help clinicians start, grow, and scale a faith-based practice. She has learned how to start and grow a successful practice that adheres to her own faith and values. And as a private practice consultant, she has helped many clinicians do the same.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!
Faith in Practice is part of the Practice of the Practice Podcast Network, a network of podcasts that are changing the world. To hear other podcasts like Empowered and Unapologetic, Bomb Mom, Imperfect Thriving, Marketing a Practice or Beta Male Revolution, go to practiceofthepractice.com/network.