What would be the deciding factor between whether you should do a free or paid summit? How do you get people to land on your opt-in page? What is the real cost of hosting a virtual summit?
In this podcast episode, Joe Sanok speaks with Liam Austin about hosting virtual events, how you can host one and why it would benefit your business.
Interested in starting a podcast, but you have no idea where to start? Podcast Launch School will help you determine your target audience and make sure that matches your goals, exact structures for solo shows, interview shows, create a 12-month plan for marketing and growing the podcast and so much more!
Get our “Smart Strategies to Start a Podcast” Guide totally FREE by clicking here!
Meet Liam Austin
Liam Austin is a virtual event strategist, having launched over 15 virtual summits and online business networking events, hosting over 400 speakers whilst educating 100,000+ business owners through his programs.
As the co-founder of Entrepreneurs HQ, Liam is a specialist at making it easy for people to create their own virtual summits and online conferences to grow their email list, authority, impact, and revenue.
In This Podcast
- Free or paid for summit
- Getting people to land on your page
- Software to run virtual conferences
- Summit experience
Free or paid for summit
When thinking about whether or not a summit should be free or paid for, you need to think about what the end goal is that you have in mind:
- Do you want to generate leads?
- Is it to build your authority?
- Do you want to generate revenue?
- Is it to make an impact in your community?
- Do you want to build relationships with top influencers in your market?
With this event, you’ll be able to attract your ideal clients if you’ve designed and crafted the event by reverse engineering it from your high ticker offer.
- People sign up and there will be a 75% opt in rate if you have a well crafted opt-in landing page
- They go into your funnel and they’re getting to know you at the event so you’re building your authority and rapport
- After the event you can send them your offer
This could be where you are working with existing clients and you want to give them a personalized experience.
- This is an exclusive event for people paying
- You could do round tables or masterminds
Getting people to land on your page
There are various traffic driving tools:
- Partner with speakers
- Partner with affiliates – paid sponsors, thought leaders, media or PR
- Turn your attendees into ambassadors – incentivize and reward your attendees to share and invite people to your event
Software to run virtual conferences
If you want to be more strategic you need to have these 2 things separately:
- Email automation
- Way to accept payments
There are many different options that can be utilized to make sure that your virtual summit provides a phenomenal experience, such as virtual booths, invites to different breakout rooms, getting on stage with a speaker or a speed networking event.
Cost of hosting a virtual summit
Bootstrapped summit: if you are comfortable with tech then you can use WordPress, do it on a separate domain and download plugins OR use HeySummit ($100 per month) + Vimeo for video hosting ($200-$300 per year) + Blue Yeti microphone + Logitech C920 external camera + email automation platform
Higher investment summit: use Zoom Pro ($14.99 per month) + WordPress OR HeySummit/Summit Hosting Software
- Jesse Cole Wears a Yellow Tux Everywhere | PoP 451
- Podcast Launch School
- Practice of the Practice Podcast Network
- Slow Down School
- Killin’It Camp
- Next Level Practice
- Free resources to help you start, grow and scale
- Apply to work with us
Meet Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok helps counselors to create thriving practices that are the envy of other counselors. He has helped counselors to grow their businesses by 50-500% and is proud of all the private practice owners that are growing their income, influence, and impact on the world. Click here to explore consulting with Joe.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!