What does branding fully encompass? How can you make sure that your brand style is evident across all elements of your business? What can you expect when working with a designer?
In this podcast episode, Sam Carvalho speaks with Jade Rennie about timeless branding and dealing with criticism.
Meet Jade Rennie
Jade Rennie is the founder of The Brain Child, the creative design studio located on the South Coast of NSW. Specialising in logo design, branding, web design and offers design services to business and not-for-profits, ultimately growing their business through her creative designs.
Obtaining a diploma in arts (illustration) after high school introduced her to the world of digital design. Adding style editor, business admin, buying, marketing and sales to the CV over the next seven years took her from Melbourne to Sydney to Singapore to presently, the South Coast, NSW
In This Podcast
- Doing what you love
- Improving your brand
- Things to expect when working with a designer
Doing what you love
Having built her business over the past 5 years to something she can work at full time, its a dream come true for Jade to be able to work around her family’s schedule. Also seeing her clients have this newfound confidence in their business when using their marketing materials as everything is aligned with their branding.
Alot of people get a bit muddled when they think of a logo, they think their logo is the brand. But a logo is really just a part of the brand.
A brand is a whole picture, it is the colors of your business, your logo, the fonts you use and the tone of voice you use in marketing. Clients don’t necessarily need to know what their brand is going to look like but it is important to know where they see their business in 5 years, who they think their target market is and who their audience is right now.
Improving your brand
Your website is an extension of your brand.
- Refer back to your brand guide (this includes your logo, design elements, font, and colors)
- Make sure your website is in line with your brand, this could be achieved by using the same font for everything and making use of your brand colors
Things to expect when working with a designer
- You will schedule a time to meet on either Skype or Zoom
- A quote will be sent and once accepted you will be invoiced
- An agreement will be drawn up and a timeline will be decided on for the project and will be set up in a project management tool
- Provide your designer some sources of inspiration (use Pinterest) before the design work can start
- FAQ 4/4: When Should You Rebrand? | MP 10
- Email Sam at email@example.com
- Design Services With Sam
- Join Next Level Practice
- Apply to work with us
Meet Sam Carvalho
Sam Carvalho is a graphic designer living in Cape Town, South Africa, with over five years of experience in both design and marketing, with a special interest and experience in the start-up environment.
She has been working with Practice of the Practice since 2016 and has helped over 70 therapist entrepreneurs take their practices to the next level by enhancing their visual branding. She loves working with a variety of clients on design-intensive tasks and is always up for a challenge!
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!