Can you manage your billing and credentialling more effectively? How do you integrate faith into business? How do you create a system that works for your practice?
In this podcast episode, Whitney Owens speaks with Jeremy Zug about effective systems in your business.
Meet Jeremy Zug
Jeremy is a partner and co-founder of Practice Solutions, LLC, a billing company for private practice owners. In one year, Practice Solutions grew from three clients to over 300 practices served nationwide. He understands the insurance world, knows how to scale a business, and how to manage growth from an objective perspective.
Click here to book a consultation with Jeremy.
In This Podcast
- Practice Solutions
- Advice for people considering going on insurance panels
- An important question to ask
- Integrating faith into the hiring process
- Recommendations for system management in a growing practice
- Advice for Christian counselors
Our mission is to empower providers to spend time focusing on patient care by removing the burden of billing and credentialling.
Billing and credentialling wastes about $120 billion of provider time annually (stats from 2014) and with the life expectancy decreasing, it is their mission to provide support to providers so that they can focus on patient care and solve mental health needs around the country. This company exists to deploy solutions at a cost-effective rate.
Advice for people considering going on insurance panels
It’s always better to start a little smaller and a little slower and then grow from there.
Consider your clinical objectives, what do you want to accomplish in your community and then reverse engineer the equation to figure out what you need to do.
Go on a select number of insurance panels and then network with the interest. Get on at least 1 panel to learn the process.
An important question to ask
When setting up his business, Jeremy had to ask himself: ‘Do I market as a Christian billing company or do I market as a billing company that is also Christian?
Integrating faith into the hiring process
We want people to trust that we’re working with them.
- A minimum of three interviews is conducted.
- The person being interviewed should be passionate and suit the personality profile.
- We ask for their personal budget so we can make sure they are able to live off the package offered.
- Communicate the companies’ processes and procedures.
- Put together an honest, authentic and clear employment package.
- Go through our BHAG (big, hairy, audacious goal).
Recommendations for system management in a growing practice
Just start writing and you can edit anything from there.
- Identify your goals within the company.
- Write out the steps in order to achieve your goals within the company, and then test it.
- If there are any issues, make sure to revise and edit.
Advice for Christian counselors
Your values are important and you need to stick to those, no matter what. Create a value based organization around your faith and you can’t lose.
Books mentioned in this episode
- Marissa Lawton on Multiple Online Income Streams and Building an Email List to Sell a Product | Bonus Episode
- Grow Your Practice to a Group Practice with Start and Scale a Group Practice Mastermind!
- Email Whitney: email@example.com
- Faith In Practice Facebook Group
- Free resources to help you start, grow and scale
- Apply to work with Whitney
- Consult With Whitney
Meet Whitney Owens
Whitney is a licensed professional counselor and owns a growing group practice in Savannah, Georgia. Along with a wealth of experience managing a practice, she also has an extensive history working in a variety of clinical and religious settings, allowing her to specialize in consulting for faith-based practices and those wanting to connect with religious organizations.
Knowing the pains and difficulties surrounding building a private practice, she started this podcast to help clinicians start, grow, and scale a faith-based practice. She has learned how to start and grow a successful practice that adheres to her own faith and values. And as a private practice consultant, she has helped many clinicians do the same.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!
Faith in Practice is part of the Practice of the Practice Podcast Network, a network of podcasts that are changing the world. To hear other podcasts like Empowered and Unapologetic, Bomb Mom, Imperfect Thriving, Marketing a Practice or Beta Male Revolution, go to practiceofthepractice.com/network.