What is the role you have in your client journey? What are the two major benefits you can enjoy of niching in your practice? Can good copy on your website be the spark that connects potential customers to you?
In this podcast episode, Joe Sanok speaks with Lisa Princic on describing the transformation you offer in counseling.
Next Level Practice is an on-going support system for mental health clinicians, counselors, and coaches who want to start and scale their own private practice featuring HUNDREDS of trainings, LIVE calls with our experts, a robust resource library, an exclusive online community, and SO MUCH MORE!
Meet Lisa Princic
Lisa Princic is a trained business strategist and the host of the Scaling Deep Podcast. Lisa’s clients turn to her for help with business growth when they are worn out from chasing the next mass marketing trick, but know they need to go beyond word of mouth.
She is a results-oriented, deep thinker who has an innate instinct for “seeing” the value of a business and turning that into a pipeline of ideal clients. A staunch believer in business simplicity and intention, Lisa helps her clients accomplish their goals by focusing on what to do AND what to ignore.
In This Podcast
- How to help your clients get clear on what you offer them
- Some mistakes that therapists make on the journey with their clients
- First steps for taking action to niche down
How to help your clients get clear on what you offer them
1: What are some of the mindsets, beliefs, and sentiments that your ideal clients come to you saying and thinking and feeling.
These all pertain not only to the clients that you already have but all people that you have worked with or came close to working with, and where they were all at in their customer journey when you encountered them.
You’ll find [that] usually there is a pattern of people who are working on more specifically similar things that will get you really lit up. Think about them and [what] they were thinking, feeling and saying. (Lisa Princic)
2: How do they see themselves? What do they believe about themselves? What is their life like when you have finished working with them?
Thinking about what this A to B journey is for the clients that you work with will help illuminate some of the exact processes that you help your clients complete, and what your role is in their healing or transformative journey.
Some mistakes that therapists make on the journey with their clients
The main issue that Lisa sees therapists encountering on the journey with their clients is that they are too nervous to niche down, and end up working with all kinds of people in all kinds of capacity, so much so that the crux of their work gets lost in the lack of specificity.
It’s more of a resistance [to niching down] than a blind spot. I think if we were to really honestly look at specific people that we have worked with, we will start to see some commonalities because that’s the transformation that we are most excited about. (Lisa Princic)
You can not only connect better with clients within your niche, providing you with a more fulfilling practice, but you can grow your business so much faster by focusing on what it is that inspires you.
First steps for taking action to niche down
- Start with your customer journey: examine it to find where you fit into your customer’s transformation and how you can expand on your role.
- Through your customer journey, you can write copy for your marketing that really draws in your ideal client through authentic connection.
- When your copy and messaging is refined, people will stop when they land on your website and purchase your service and book you because they can see that you can provide them with exactly what they need.
- How To Start a Counseling Private Practice | PoP 567
- Sign up for Next Level Practice
- Events – click on the event’s dropdown
- Sign up to join the free webinars and events here
- Podcast Launch School
- Practice of the Practice Podcast Network
- Free resources to help you start, grow, and scale
- Apply to work with us
Meet Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok helps counselors to create thriving practices that are the envy of other counselors. He has helped counselors to grow their businesses by 50-500% and is proud of all the private practice owners that are growing their income, influence, and impact on the world. Click here to explore consulting with Joe.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave