Do you have questions about how to structure PTO for your clinicians? Are you a group practice owner wanting to hire or transfer clinicians to W2 employees? When should you consider going full cash pay?
In this podcast episode, Alison Pidgeon does a Live Consulting Session with Dr. Andrea Brandon.
Try out TherapyNotes! It makes notes, billing, scheduling, and telehealth a whole lot easier. Check it out and you will quickly see why it’s the highest-rated EHR on TrustPilot with over 1000 verified customer reviews and an average customer rating of 4.9/5 stars.
You’ll notice the difference from the first day you sign up for a trial. They offer live phone support 7 days a week.
So when you have questions, you can quickly reach someone who can help, you are never wasting your time looking for answers.
If you are coming from another EHR, they make the transition really easy. TherapyNotes will import your clients’ demographic data free of charge during your trial so you can get going right away.
To get 3 free months of TherapyNotes, no strings attached including their very reliable telehealth platform click on www.therapynotes.com and enter the promo code: Joe
Meet Andrea Brandon
Andrea Brandon is a Board Certified Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychologist who is licensed in the states of Indiana and Illinois, and provides office, community-based, and telehealth treatment. Andrea is a specialist in the treatment of selective mutism/social anxiety and disruptive behavior disorders. Andrea is trained in evidenced based models such as Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) and Parent Child Interaction Therapy Adapted for Selective Mutism (PCIT-SM); she is a certified therapist in both modalities and is the only provider in the Northwest Indiana area trained in these modalities. Due to the need and demand for high quality pediatric and adolescent behavioral treatment, Andrea has developed a waitlist and is currently receiving consultation to learn how to grow her solo-practice into a group practice with providers who can also serve this client base.
Visit her website.
In This Podcast
- PTO for Clinicians
- Alison’s tips on moving towards being a cash pay practice
PTO for Clinicians
There are a few ways you can go around structuring the PTO for your clinicians. First, check:
- If there are any state laws that regulate or mention the amount of time you need to give clinicians PTO because some states do require a certain amount of hours that should be available.
- If there are no laws around that, it is up to your preference. Alison recommends going by what is standard for your industry.
Obviously you want to be competitive you want to see what other people in [your] area are offering, not that you have to do the same thing, but so that you get an idea so that you’re in the same ballpark. (Alison)
- You can work out what is the expectation of how many clients they would see over the space of a year.
- Work out how much income they would be bringing in and then factor in potential PTO time and you can play around with these numbers to see how much PTO could be allocated so that they get sufficient leave without hurting the business.
Therefore, when you are working out the PTO, try to look at it from a yearly perspective instead of from a weekly one. Look at the whole year.
For Alison, a general guideline is that 25h and above is full-time and 24h and below is part-time.
Alison’s Tips on Moving Towards Being a Cash Pay Practice
- Be clear on who your ideal client is: be specific and real about who you help and what you help them with. The more niched you are the more people are willing to pay for your expertise.
- When you have a waiting list you can also consider giving cash pay a go, because it shows that people are willing to wait to work with you, and shows that you have interest that is strong enough for you not to have to rely strictly on insurance pay.
- Live Consulting Session with Bren Shantz | GP 64
- Group Practice Launch
- Group Practice Boss
- Email Alison: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PoP Group Practice Owners Facebook Group
- Free resources to help you start, grow, and scale
- Work with us
- Consult With Alison
Meet Alison Pidgeon
Alison is a serial entrepreneur with four businesses, one of which is a 15 clinician group practice. She’s also a mom to three boys, wife, coffee drinker, and loves to travel. She started her practice in 2015 and, four years later, has two locations. With a specialization in women’s issues, the practices have made a positive impact on the community by offering different types of specialties not being offered anywhere else in the area.
Alison has been working with Practice of the Practice since 2016. She has helped over 70 therapist entrepreneurs start and grow their businesses, through mastermind groups and individual consulting.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!