In this episode, Joe Sanok speaks about how to make a website when starting a private practice.
Confused by all the advice on starting a private practice? I’d love to help. I put together a checklist of the top 28 things to do to launch a private practice.
In This Podcast
If you are in private practice and are under the $60 000 mark, this podcast series is for you! Joe is going back to the basics and running through the various phases involved in setting up a practice that is going to thrive! In this episode, Joe speaks about how to make a website.
Why Have a Website?
There are various ways that people will find your private practice:
- Word of mouth
- Google search
- Facebook search
Therefore, having a website is extremely important. It’s also important that your website looks great because people will judge the quality of your therapy based on the quality of your website.
The Basics of Websites
- Hosting – the foundation, where all your information is stored, the backend of your website, i.e.: Bluehost
- Design – for example, WordPress. You can choose a theme and then include your content / images (Unsplash.com). Try to find images that are local. Show the outcome of therapy as opposed to the reason for therapy.
What’s Involved in Setting up a Website
- The more you’re paying someone else to set up / maintain your website, the less time you’ll have to spend on it
- No visible phone number
- No CTA (call to action) to book an appointment that stands out
- Therapy websites look more like a funeral home than a counseling practice – services are not clearly outlined
- 28-Step Checklist For Starting a Private Practice
- How To Make a Website
- Click here to sign up with Bluehost
- Should I Specialize? Starting a Practice | PoP 262
Meet Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok helps counselors to create thriving practices that are the envy of other counselors. He has helped counselors to grow their businesses by 50-500% and is proud of all the private practice owners that are growing their income, influence, and impact on the world. Click here to explore consulting with Joe.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!