What is your vision and mission? How are you going to communicate your core values to your potential clients? How do you manage expectations when working with a designer?
In this podcast episode, Sam Carvalho speaks with Marike Braybrooke about building an authentic brand.
Meet Marike Braybrooke
Marike Braybrooke is the owner of Paper Planery, a Pretoria-based digital marketing & design studio. Paper Planery started as a side business in 2016 and has grown to a full-time endeavor in 2018 with a focus on start-ups and entrepreneurs.
Marike is passionate about working with clients on the amazing brands they’ve built up from a bright spark and a big dream. What she enjoys more than anything is building a lasting relationship with like-minded creatives.
In This Podcast
- Ideas and perspective on branding
- Things you can do to improve your brand
- What to expect when working with a designer
- Branding on social media
Ideas and perspective on branding
- Branding is not a logo. Branding is deciding what your core values are and how you’re going to communicate it to your potential clients, from your logo to the way you speak in emails. Your corporate identity is simply one avenue of expressing those values.
- Branding is not about YOU, your competitors or your company. Branding is about who you want to serve.
- Don’t be afraid of creating your brand for a niche, instead of trying to be everything to everyone
Things you can do to improve your brand
- Re-evaluate what your company’s core values are and then measure each aspect of your company against those core values.
- Focus on the platform you enjoy the most and where you are seeing the best results
What to expect when working with a designer
Even though designers are objectively trying to create a design for you, design is still a subjective thing.
- Do your research to get a feel if the designers’ style is in line with what you are looking for
- The more guidelines, information, and feedback you give a designer, the better results you will get
- If you’re not sure what you want, make a list of what you don’t want. By excluding certain things your designer can already have a better idea of it is that you would like.
Branding on social media
Remember to be human. The reason brands do well on social media is because they get to connect with clients in a more personal way.
Wherever you are marketing your business on social media, make sure that people will always end up on your website, your mailing list or a contact form. Also, remember that people relate more to brands being authentic and not just pushing marketing all the time.
Click here and use the coupon code BRAND30 to get 30% off Marike’s online templates.
- Jade Rennie on Timeless Branding and Dealing with Criticism | MP 11
- Email Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Design Services With Sam
- Join Next Level Practice
- Apply to work with us
Meet Sam Carvalho
Sam Carvalho is a graphic designer living in Cape Town, South Africa, with over five years of experience in both design and marketing, with a special interest and experience in the start-up environment.
She has been working with Practice of the Practice since 2016 and has helped over 70 therapist entrepreneurs take their practices to the next level by enhancing their visual branding. She loves working with a variety of clients on design-intensive tasks and is always up for a challenge!
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!