Why is your content the gateway to customers interacting with your brand and your business? How can you achieve a higher organic reach over social media? What are some key elements for your content to have that lead to conversion?
In this podcast episode, Sam Carvalho speaks with Melissa Berrios about why content is your storefront.
TherapyNotes! It makes notes, billing, scheduling, and telehealth a whole lot easier. Check it out and you will quickly see why it’s the highest-rated EHR on TrustPilot with over 1000 verified customer reviews and an average customer rating of 4.9/5 stars.
You’ll notice the difference from the first day you sign up for a trial. They offer live phone support 7 days a week.
So when you have questions, you can quickly reach someone who can help, you are never wasting your time looking for answers.
If you are coming from another EHR, they make the transition really easy. TherapyNotes will import your clients’ demographic data free of charge during your trial so you can get going right away.
To get 3 free months of TherapyNotes, no strings attached including their very reliable telehealth platform click on www.therapynotes.com and enter the promo code: Joe
Meet Melissa Berrios
Melissa Berrios is the founder of Melissa Berrios Consulting and its mother company, Virtualmente Libre, LLC. She serves 6 and 7-figure, high-achieving entrepreneurs elevate their online presence, and deliver a world-class social experience to their audience. Her mission is to help her clients leverage social platforms and email marketing tools to build engaged audiences and communities, while also helping them generate qualified leads, in a “done for you” concierge-level service that saves them time and stress.
Melissa launched her online business in 2018 after leaving her 13-year career as a Project Engineer in the land development industry. Her engineering background equipped her with the leadership and
management skills to drive her client’s marketing goals from concept to completion.
In addition to her marketing consulting agency, Melissa hosts a podcast and online community of over 1,200 Latina entrepreneurs called Virtualmente Libre, where she teaches online marketing tools to grow and scale their businesses.
In This Podcast
- The best way to create content that elevates your brand
- Key elements that your content needs to have for conversion
- Improving your reach on social media
- Creating content
The best way to create content that elevates your brand
Content is really your storefront. If you compare a physical business to an online business, content creation and content marketing is your storefront. It’s what customers will use to make a decision whether to purchase your product or hire you. (Melissa Berrios)
Content needs to add value. There needs to be a content exchange initiated by you that will eventually be reciprocated by the market.
Your content, therefore, needs to position you as an expert in your industry and the first things your client needs to know when they come across your content is understanding:
- Who you are
- What you do
- And how you can help them
Your content needs to visually match your brand and its message needs to appeal to your ideal client because you are providing a service to them.
You can emphasize your service to your ideal client by putting out free meaningful content that will create small, meaningful transformations for your client. Through this exchange of free goods, your client will trust you and will be motivated to work with you, your company, and will be willing to purchase your goods.
Key elements that your content needs to have for conversion
Melissa views content in three categories and layers:
- How-to content: anything that teaches something specific. When you are new in your market, this is what will position you higher up and establish your credibility as an expert.
- Hope content: this is where you help your audience believe that it is possible and believe in the future. This is where you help clients understand and prepare for the future.
- Conviction marketing: this is where you create content that positions you as a leader and it is where you are saying what you will be doing, what you believe is wrong, and how you will fix it. This is where your values and principles lie and where you tie them into your content.
Your messaging needs to be clear and directed at your ideal client. You really need to hone in to determine ‘who am I speaking to?’ … you need to understand who you are and they need to understand who you are and how you can help them. (Melissa Berrios)
Other key elements include:
- Your brand needs to be on point, especially for businesses because social platforms nowadays are incredibly visual-based. The key to creating effective branding on social media is to maintain brand consistency.
- Your call to action: Ask yourself, what it is that I want my audience to do? What is the action that you want them to take? Avoid putting content out there that does not have a call to action.
You need to have the end result in mind before putting your content out there because that will help guide you in your decision-making around the content you create.
Improving your reach on social media
The algorithm wants us to be social, so business owners need to focus on creating and putting out content that engages with its users and with other people’s content because this boosts your visibility and ultimately brings more clients to you.
The more engagement there is, the more reach your content will have. Use tools that promote engagement, such as:
- Creating videos on Instagram
- Consistently doing stories
- Working with Instagram reels
Melissa teaches her clients to go live once a week to discuss one of the topics that their content is centered around. You can then repurpose this content in a number of different ways:
- Write about it in a blog
- Create IGTV videos
- Create Youtube videos from the big live session
- Transcribe some of what you discuss in your lives to put into smaller posts
- Colin Jeffries on the Difference Between Being a Marketer Vs. a Provider | MP 58
- Email Sam at email@example.com
- Design Services With Sam
- Apply to work with us
Meet Sam Carvalho
Sam Carvalho is a graphic designer living in Cape Town, South Africa, with over five years of experience in both design and marketing, with a special interest and experience in the start-up environment.
She has been working with Practice of the Practice since 2016 and has helped over 70 therapist entrepreneurs take their practices to the next level by enhancing their visual branding. She loves working with a variety of clients on design-intensive tasks and is always up for a challenge!
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!