How do you plan on growing your business? Do you believe in the power of networking or do you think it comes across as pushy? Do you believe that it is possible for you to gain clients by networking but you’re just not sure where to start or how to do it?
In this podcast episode, Joe Sanok speaks with Theresa Leskowat on networking that is not slimy.
Next Level Practice is an industry-changing project to help counselors to start a private practice. Unlike many programs that are time-limited, or just an e-course, this brand new approach offers live and recorded trainings, small group accountability, and feedback.
Meet Theresa Leskowat
Theresa is the founder of Clear Vista Counseling in Charlotte, North Carolina. She is passionate about helping women rebuild their lives after divorce.
Theresa’s website is https://www.clearvistacounseling.com/
Find out more about Theresa here:
Theresa Leskowat’s Story
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional
- Nationally Certified in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Over seven years experience in counseling
- Currently participating in trauma sensitive Yoga Teacher Training
In This Podcast
In this episode, Joe speaks to Theresa about how she transitioned from doing independent contracting to getting her PLLC and to now running her own private practice.
Some of the Few Things Theresa did over the First Few Months to Get Clients:
- Listening to podcasts, one in particular: Networking with 90 people in 90 days
- Networking with as many people as she could
- Set up a website
How Networking can Bring in Clients
- By networking with other therapists, if they have potential clients who aren’t a good fit, they will refer to you
- Referrals via social media in Facebook groups
- Foster relationships with people who could refer business by word of mouth because they socialize within your ‘ideal client’ circle
Theresa Plans to Grow Her Business by:
I am working on networking and blogging, and these two things have been producing results for me.
- Blogging and creating content that is specific to her clients
- SEO and figuring out how to link within her website
Theresa is part of the Next Level Practice community and has found value in being able to seek guidance and advice from people who have been there and done that.
Meet Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok helps counselors to create thriving practices that are the envy of other counselors. He has helped counselors to grow their businesses by 50-500% and is proud of all the private practice owners that are growing their income, influence, and impact on the world. Click here to explore consulting with Joe.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!