Why should you pursue connection over perfection in business? How do you care for your emotional fluidity? Are you avoiding feeling an important emotion that may be the key to overcoming a limiting belief?
In this podcast episode, Joe Sanok speaks about how to overcome your limiting beliefs with Joe Hudson.
In This Podcast
- Connection over perfection
- Improving your relationship with yourself and the world
- Overcoming limiting beliefs
- Joe’s advice to private practitioners
Connection over perfection
Usually in our business we are trying to get something perfect, [but] it’s not about getting it perfect. It is always about connecting with the people around you. (Joe Hudson)
Business is about people. Businesses are comprised of people and they work to serve the need or resolve a pain point of other people.
To truly achieve greatness in your business, and stop limiting yourself with perfection, you need to center and pursue connection.
Improving your relationship with yourself and the world
There are the three main control centers within you, and they are called different things:
- Mammalian brain, human brain, and the reptilian brain
- The prefrontal cortex, the emotional world, and the nervous system
- Head awakening, heart awakening, and the gut awakening
It is important to work on all three, no matter which collection you label them into, to improve and heal the relationship you have with yourself, the world, and the people around you.
1 – Head: deconstruction of limiting beliefs
2 – Heart: emotional fluidity
3 – Nervous system: feeling pleasure and safety
Overcoming limiting beliefs
1 – When you want to overcome limiting beliefs, you have to “un-brainwash” yourself. You have to undo and recreate how you think about the world and reimagine what it could be.
We’re brainwashed [as kids] that this is the way reality is when we’re zero to eight years old. Part of what you’re doing is un-brainwashing yourself. [You thought] this is what money looks like, this is what love looks like, this is what marriage looks like. If you’re going to break that, there is going to be some tension in your system to do it. (Joe Hudson)
2 – Secondly, neurologically speaking, all our decisions are emotional. We cannot make logical decisions that are devoid of emotions.
Identify which emotion is not wanting to be felt so that when you are making a decision, you are not afraid to feel the necessary emotion.
3 – Deconstruct the belief system. What would make you capable of achieving your highest dreams? What makes it possible for someone else to do it? How can you? Intellectually deconstruct the belief, look for the emotional underpinnings and where you are avoiding feeling the emotion under the question.
There are a ton of nervous system tools I would use to create a sense of safety with this new thought process. (Joe Hudson)
Joe’s advice to private practitioners
Your client has all the wisdom and they know the way. All you have to do is to follow and support them.
Useful Links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit the Art of Accomplishment, listen to their podcast, and connect with them on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Connect with Joe on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Blueprint helps clinicians enhance client outcomes through the power and promise of digital measurement-based care. Learn more and request your demo at: bph.link/joe
- Heard offers affordable bookkeeping services, personalized financial reporting, and tax assistance. Sign up now at www.joinheard.com.
Check out these additional resources:
- How to market a dental practice and retain clients with Chris Pistorius | PoP 690
- Apply to work together
- Sign up for Next Level Practice — Cohort Open!
- Events – click on the event’s dropdown
- Sign up to join the free webinars and events here
- Podcast Launch School
- Practice of the Practice Podcast Network
- Free resources to help you start, grow, and scale
- Apply to work with us — decision-making matrix for your next steps
Meet Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok helps counselors to create thriving practices that are the envy of other counselors. He has helped counselors to grow their businesses by 50-500% and is proud of all the private practice owners that are growing their income, influence, and impact on the world. Click here to explore consulting with Joe.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!