What are some steps you can take today to make sure that your loved ones and business is prepared should anything unexpected happen to you? Have you planned what happens to your digital legacy when you pass on? Who will take control of your business when you are no longer around?
In this podcast episode, Joe Sanok speaks with Patrick Willis about unfinished business at the end of life and things you can do today to start preparations.
TherapyNotes facilitates the workflow of mental health professionals through robust, secure, and streamlined software, accessible wherever and whenever you need it. With fully-integrated scheduling, notes, billing, electronic claims, and more, you’ll have more time for what matters most: your patients.
To get 2 free months of TherapyNotes click on www.therapynotes.com and enter the promo code: Joe
Meet Patrick Willis
Having seen firsthand the turmoil of friends and family going through life-threatening illness, Patrick realized that the medical system which is geared up so well for fixing people physically, rarely equips them for the mental conflict that inevitably arises.
Seeing this void so desperately in need of filling, Patrick took his business experience and coaching skills and designed a program to help those diagnosed with a terminal illness live their best possible life. Patrick’s work pioneers a unique approach covering everything needed to complement medical care – from mindset shifts to household checklists to leaving the best possible legacy for their family.
Patrick became a business owner in 2016 finally escaping the corporate greasy pole. He is the father of five children, a leader in a local church and a folk and jazz musician among other things!
Visit Patrick’s website.
In This Podcast
- Crucial points to consider when planning and preparing your business
- Important steps to include that will make preparation easier
- Preparing your business for the unexpected
Crucial points to consider when planning and preparing your business
- Take into consideration medical advanced care planning, practical preparations, and digital legacy when planning and preparing your business.
- Do research in order to gain knowledge.
- Select a person that you can trust with valuable information.
- Select a person to oversee the systems.
- Ensure that employees, clients, and other businesses are taken into consideration during the preparation process.
Important steps to include that will make preparation easier
- Create a password, LastPass is great for this.
- Try incorporating a digital access code.
- Create a cash flow system.
- Only share business access codes with a person that you may consider to be trustworthy.
- Set up a video on My Directives to give clear instructions to family members.
Preparing your business for the unexpected
- Depending on the legal entity of your businesses you can always pass it on to another member in your team.
- Start writing out standard operating procedures so that you’re not the only one with all the knowledge. This you can do gradually over time.
Be familiar with who is controlling the content of your website, blog posts and marketing material. Ensure that it is owned by your business.
Books mentioned in this episode
- Jay Gabrani’s Wife Died from Opioids and Now he Wants You To Be Prepared | PoP 448
- Mike Michalowicz Wants You To Focus on Profit First and Running Your Business Like Clockwork | PoP 350
- Practice of the Practice Podcast Network
- Slow Down School
- Killin’It Camp
- Next Level Practice
- Free resources to help you start, grow and scale
- Apply to work with us
Meet Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok helps counselors to create thriving practices that are the envy of other counselors. He has helped counselors to grow their businesses by 50-500% and is proud of all the private practice owners that are growing their income, influence, and impact on the world. Click here to explore consulting with Joe.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!