How do you know when to act on feedback from colleagues/friends on marketing material, website, etc.?
- The order of feedback matters, consider the overall amount
- Everyone has their own design aesthetic
- Focus on the kind of people that you want to attract
- Take it with a pinch of salt
- Find a community of similar counselors, i.e.: NLP
What WebCam do you use? (Interested for online counseling)
- Use the one that came with Mac
- Focus on lighting – have light in front of your face (natural light if possible)
- Have a light on either side of the laptop + one behind you
Would you recommend teletherapy as a primary method?
- Tele-therapy is great based on your life situation
- It is an extra jump beyond therapy and therefore requires more explanation
- Find quick ways to promote benefits
- Do it with current clients
- Have people come in for intake and can then do online counseling thereafter
- Look into state licensure when it comes to online counseling, i.e.: can tap into expat market
Joseph R. Sanok, MA, LLP, LPC, NCC
Joe Sanok is keynote and TEDx speaker, business consultant, and podcaster. Joe has the #1 podcast for counselors, The Practice of the Practice Podcast. He is also a writer for PsychCentral, has been featured on the Huffington Post, Forbes, GOOD Magazine, Reader’s Digest, Entrepreneur on Fire, and Yahoo News. He is the author of five books and has been named the Therapist Resource top podcast, consultant, and blogger.