Is it enough to invest in social web and directory presence but not in Facebook and other pay-per-click ads, etc?
- Start with what you like
- If you do this and are still not getting the type of client that you want, then you need to look at other platforms
- Start with the basics, i.e.: a Facebook page (relatively NB)
- Re Adwords, be sure to track the ROI and automate it (if it is working)
What would you identify as your biggest flop in private practice?
- Dinner and a counseling session
- Don’t fall in love with the idea, fall in love with the audience
- Keep it simple
- People have a limited amount of brain energy
- Hiring people straight out of grad school – Get them to find a job for 6 months to network
- Should have started leveling up faster
- Give up things that aren’t worth the time/money/impact
Considering a new laptop, email platform, and phone, what HIPAA considerations should I keep in mind?
- Depends on the level of what you’re doing
- Recommend G-Suite for email platform
- Phone system: Spruce (hyper-secure) /spruce and Grasshopper
- All PC’s come encrypted
How do you connect with and market to expats?
- Find where they are, i.e.: Facebook Groups, podcasts, etc.
- Find influencers within the expat community
- Develop a niche, i.e.: expats in India
- Provide value-add content as a way to connect with the influencers/group
- Ask if you can include CTA at end of presentation etc.
Joseph R. Sanok, MA, LLP, LPC, NCC
Joe Sanok is keynote and TEDx speaker, business consultant, and podcaster. Joe has the #1 podcast for counselors, The Practice of the Practice Podcast. He is also a writer for PsychCentral, has been featured on the Huffington Post, Forbes, GOOD Magazine, Reader’s Digest, Entrepreneur on Fire, and Yahoo News. He is the author of five books and has been named the Therapist Resource top podcast, consultant, and blogger.