Are you an out of network private practice? Do your clients struggle to submit claims and get their money back from their insurance companies? Does this create strain on your relationship with your clients?
In this episode, Joe Sanok speaks with Rachael Norman about her app that helps with out of network benefits.
We’ve created a lot of stuff, i.e.: opt ins, PDFs, e-books. At Practice of the Practice, we’re constantly developing things and making them accessible to you. But, sometimes, it’s hard to keep track of it all. So we’ve set up a landing page, practiceofthepractice.com/resources, where we have put all of our free stuff. We have five free e-books there: the ‘Practice of the Practice’ e-book; the ‘HIPAA and Security’ e-book that I wrote with Roy Huggins; the ‘Adding Insurance to Your Practice’ e-book; the ‘How to Start a Group Practice’ e-book that Alison and I created; and the ‘How to Start a Practice That Thrives’ e-book.
Also, we’ve got checklists there galore! We’ve got your ‘Website’ checklist, your ‘Pinterest’ checklist, your ’28-Step Checklist for Starting a Practice’, and your ‘Group Practice’ checklist. Also, we’ve got some guides there: there’s ‘A Guide to Creating a Website’, ‘Comprehensive Guide to a Kick-Ass Content Strategy’, ‘A Guide to Start a Private Practice’, and tons more infographics, and worksheets. We have over 20 different, free resources there for you! It’s over at practiceofthepractice.com/resources. Go grab them before we start charging!
Meet Rachael Norman
Rachael Norman is the founder and CEO of Better, an app that makes it simple for patients to get paid back by their health insurance when they visit a cash pay private practice. She studied Biochemistry and Biophysics at Stanford University. At Better, she has combined her health background and tech experience to tackle hard problems in healthcare. Rachael is an expert on health insurance, medical billing, and coding. Learn more at getbetter.co
- Website: https://getbetter.co/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BetterClaims/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BetterClaims
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/betterclaims/
Rachael Norman’s Story
In This Podcast
In this episode, Joe speaks with Rachael about the app she created to assist patients with making claims from their insurance companies. Rachael runs through the reasons why she decided to create this app as well as what the process was in building the app.
What Get Better Does and How They Can Help Your Practice For Free
Superbill basics: What should be on your superbill template?
3 Common Superbill Questions:
- EIN vs SSN
- NPIs – there are two types. Make sure you and your practice have the ones you need on your bills.
- Diagnosis codes – they change frequently, must be specific, not all of them are accepted by insurance (eg Z63.0)
Insurance Requirements – OON Enrollment
We can process OON enrollment forms and answer coding questions for free.
- This is a growing trend
- Prevents clients from getting money back
- Super confusing – we can help
- Hard to keep up with
- Cause claims to deny (we still see ICD09 etc all the time)
- We can answer specific questions and publish resources on our blog
Struggles with Private Pay
- Time it takes to do the administrative work
- Strain in therapy – client relationship
- ‘Super bill’ becomes client’s responsibility
Steps to Building an App
- Find a software engineer
- Design app (start with very simple product)
- Get feedback
- Next Level Practice Community
- Live Consulting with Joe and Melissa Dohse Series 3 of 5 Five Fierce Females | PoP 280
Meet Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok helps counselors to create thriving practices that are the envy of other counselors. He has helped counselors to grow their businesses by 50-500% and is proud of all the private practice owners that are growing their income, influence, and impact on the world. Click here to explore consulting with Joe.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!