Do you want to get a better grasp on your time? Are you struggling to get going on your goals and dreams for your practice? Can you commit to yourself, your dreams, and invest in your success?
In this podcast episode, Joe Sanok speaks about Slow Down School and the importance of taking a rest to scale your life.
- What happens when we slow down?
- Who is Slow Down School for?
- What is Slow Down School?
What happens when we slow down?
When we slow down … the research shows that [that we] speed up our creativity and productivity, and that when we’re stressed out and maxed out, we’re just not as effective. (Joe Sanok)
Even though life can be busy at times, and people do get into the habit of rushing around from one thing to the next, we actually become detrimental to ourselves when we do not rest.
Without adequate rest, downtime, or stress relief, we begin to make mistakes, repeat bad habits, and generally function on a lower level of fulfillment.
When we slow down, we do better work, we clarify what we need to work on, and we can then run full tilt towards the big things that we’re going after. (Joe Sanok)
Rest is important. It may seem counterproductive to success, but in fact, it is a prerequisite.
Who is Slow Down School for?
Any business owner can join Slow Down School to experience major benefits and receive support in pursuing ideas.
However, the tenets of Slow Down School were built for and designed with private practice owners in mind.
Any practice owner with an established practice who is looking to find ways to scale their practice, offer a new service, or make any major shift in their counseling business, should enroll.
What is Slow Down School?
Sign up for Slow Down School in 2022 from July 24th to July 30th.
You fly into Traverse City or drive to the pickup location. You will be collected at the airport and driven out to the location, which is nestled right next to Lake Michigan.
[Slow Down School] is aimed at being an impactful conference that is for a smaller group of people. (Joe Sanok)
Once settled, you will be placed into small groups that consist of three to four people who share similar goals to you.
- Monday: dedicated to slowing down. This is about getting to know other people on a personal level and letting your work-wired brain rest. There are hikes, walks, swims, massages, games, and more.
- Tuesday: more slowing down and similar activities like above. Here you sink into the feeling of truly resting, and allowing your body to tell you what it is that you need. Another nap? Of course. A hike? Of course!
- Wednesday: Joe coaches you about work “sprints” and goal-setting to help you effectively use the upcoming sprint days.
- Thursday: run full-tilt towards your big ideas! With coaching and consulting in between.
- Friday: wrap-up in the morning with cherry-tasting in the afternoon.
- Saturday: transportation is offered in the early morning back to the airport.
The outcomes that people get are thinking through where they are spending their time, and what they need to start outsourcing. It’s amazing how every single year we see these emotional breakthroughs. (Joe Sanok)
Books mentioned in this episode:
Useful Links mentioned in this episode:
- Slow Down School — Early Bird tickets are on sale now
- Find out more about Empowered and Unapologetic and the Testing Psychologist
Check out these additional resources:
- Overcoming Growing Pains – Consulting with LaToya Smith | PoP 710
- Apply to work together
- Sign up for Next Level Practice — Cohort Open!
- Events – click on the event’s dropdown
- Sign up to join the free webinars and events here
- Podcast Launch School
- Practice of the Practice Podcast Network
- Free resources to help you start, grow, and scale
- Apply to work with us — a decision-making matrix for your next steps
Meet Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok helps counselors to create thriving practices that are the envy of other counselors. He has helped counselors to grow their businesses by 50-500% and is proud of all the private practice owners that are growing their income, influence, and impact on the world. Click here to explore consulting with Joe.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!