Do you want to expand your streams of income? Have you been dabbling in starting a side hustle? How can you set up a side-gig counseling practice to help you create the lifestyle you want?
In this podcast episode, Joe Sanok speaks about how to start a side-gig counseling practice.
In This Podcast
- Educate yourself to position yourself
- Take risks
- What is the objective?
- Build your network
Educate yourself to position yourself
Educate yourself. Figure out [the] gaps in your knowledge’, figure out your triggers, the money mindset you inherited from your family of origin? (Joe Sanok)
Spend some time figuring out where you are in relation to where you want to be.
What do you need to do to get there? What skills do you need to learn, which mindsets do you need to shift, and which connections do you need to make to get your side hustle moving?
In the beginning, while you are figuring things out, take risks. Try new things to see what works and then change what does not work.
Take risks in:
- Your hourly rate
- Whether you will take difficult insurances or not
- Being hyper-niched
Test it out to see if this is even something that [you] want to do, so you can do those things without fully jumping in. (Joe Sanok)
What is the objective?
What it is that you want to do? Who are you trying to help? Complete a basic business avatar and client profile to help you figure out which direction you are moving in.
- What age is your ideal client?
- What is their life generally like?
- What sorts of things are they thinking through and worried about?
- What are they Googling at night?
Once you have an idea about who your ideal clients are and what you are helping them with, consider:
- Filing your business
- Getting a bank account
- Creating a website
- Taking out liability insurance
Build your network
Find people who can refer clients to you.
Connect with other clinicians whose niches are outside of yours so that you can refer clients to one another.
Create your business in the way that you desire it to be.
Books mentioned in this episode:
Useful Links mentioned in this episode:
- How To Leave Your Full Time Job For Private Practice
- Worksheet: How to Leave Your Job
- Check out this free 28-step checklist helping you start your practice
- Find out more about Pillars of the Practice
- Learn more about Swyft Filings affiliate and MOO Business Cards
- Head to gusto.com/joe for 3 months free.
Check out these additional resources:
- How to Unlock Your Potential Using the Enneagram with Chad and Shelley Prevost | POP 698
- Apply to work together
- Sign up for Next Level Practice — Cohort Open!
- Events – click on the event’s dropdown
- Sign up to join the free webinars and events here
- Podcast Launch School
- Practice of the Practice Podcast Network
- Free resources to help you start, grow, and scale
- Apply to work with us — decision-making matrix for your next steps
Meet Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok helps counselors to create thriving practices that are the envy of other counselors. He has helped counselors to grow their businesses by 50-500% and is proud of all the private practice owners that are growing their income, influence, and impact on the world. Click here to explore consulting with Joe.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!