Are you still working to transition your practice into teletherapy? What can you do to boost your media coverage in a way that is viable and effective? How can you structure your time to become a more efficient and productive creator?
In this therapist podcast episode, Joe Sanok speaks with Dr. Roseann Capanna-Hodge about teletherapy, getting media attention, and having a massive group practice.
Killin’It Camp is THE private practice conference of the year. This year it was held virtually, and you can gain access to the recorded sessions from the 2020 Virtual Killin’It Camp on Pillars of Practice, Scaling a Practice, and Streams of Income
Discover systems to start, grow, and scale your private practice and create a plan for killin’it in private practice. Ditch the stress and get a plan for your practice.
Meet Dr. Roseann Capanna-Hodge
Dr. Roseann is a trailblazing Psychologist for almost 30 years, Pediatric Mental Health Expert and the founder and director of The Global Institute of Children’s Mental Health and Dr. Roseann and Associates. Her Connecticut-based center, established in 2001, has helped thousands of children and adults reverse the most challenging conditions such as ADHD, Autism, anxiety, depression, concussion, learning disability, Lyme Disease, and PANS/PANDAS. Dr. Roseann treats these conditions using proven holistic therapies such as neurofeedback, biofeedback, psychotherapy, and nutrition using her trademarked two-week intensive 360 RebootTM Program.
Her mission is to teach parents how to reduce and reverse their child’s symptoms using proven natural therapies and her book, “It’s Gonna be OK!TM, and course, The Get Unstuck ProgramTM: The Step by Step Way to Change Your Child’s Mental Health, give parents the tools for lasting change. Author of Teletherapy ToolkitTM: Therapist Handbook for Treating Children and Teens and course, the first of its kind, is a professional’s guide to virtual therapeutic activities and how to keep kids engaged in teletherapy. She is also co-author of the best selling book “Brain Under Attack: A Resource For Parents and Caregivers of Children With PANS, PANDAS, and Autoimmune Encephalopathy”. Named a “Thought Leader in Children’s Mental Health” by FORBES, she has been featured on dozens of media outlets such as The Mel Robbins Show, Fox News, CBS, NBC, PIX11 NYC, Cheddar TV, USA Today, Yahoo News, WebMD, Business Insider, PARENTS, The Week, and The New York Times
In This Podcast
- Tips for creating more media for your practice
- How Dr. Roseann structures her time
- Advice to private practice owners
Tips for creating more media for your practice
You do not necessarily need a publicist to help you with your media, although it does help.
- Garner clarity on what it is that you do, and when you are speaking about your practice, either in writing or on media such as television or the radio, speak clearly and avoid rambling.
- Dabble in both print and digital media.
- Sign up for HARO (Help A Reporter Out), to provide information about your practice. In your opening email, make sure your header and first sentence are clear and to the point about what you are pitching.
- Be flexible and put yourself out there when working with reporters in order to cement a relationship with them, even if you are busy.
- Maintain a business mindset and keep your ROI’s in mind, return on investment, and measure your choices against these goals.
Whatever your business goal is, tie it to your passion and produce and create content; maybe it’s a podcast, maybe it’s vlogging, but there are lots of avenues for people to grow their business. (Dr. Roseann Capana-Hodge)
How Dr. Roseann structures her time
Every single day, seven days a week, I power my nervous system down in multiple ways. Right now, I’m really into pulse electromagnetic frequency training … it regulates your nervous system and gets you into a parasympathetic chillout state. (Dr. Roseann Capana-Hodge)
You need to power down your nervous system and give it time to rest in order for it to work properly and for you to be on the top of your game. Dr. Roseann also optimizes her eating lifestyle in order to power her brain with nutritious food.
- Make use of structure and planning in order to set the framework of her projects.
- Always try to envision the end result first. Visualize the end result and then works backward to create it.
- Work in batches and communicate to loved ones around her what her goals were so that everyone was on the same page as to what she is going to be doing when she sits down to work.
Advice to private practice owners
Teletherapy is here to stay, and even though the transition might have been challenging it is going to be okay, because you were an awesome in-person therapist and there is no reason why you cannot translate that into being a brilliant teletherapist.
Books by Dr. Roseann Capana-Hodge
- Caleb Guilliams on How to Build Wealth | PoP 518
- Communicate and Connect Podcast
- Events – click on the event’s dropdown
- Killin’It Camp
- Sign up to join the free webinars and events here
- Podcast Launch School
- Practice of the Practice Podcast Network
- Free resources to help you start, grow and scale
- Apply to work with us
Meet Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok helps counselors to create thriving practices that are the envy of other counselors. He has helped counselors to grow their businesses by 50-500% and is proud of all the private practice owners that are growing their income, influence, and impact on the world. Click here to explore consulting with Joe.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!