What is unique about your product or service? How you do stand out from your competitors? What is your brand personality?
In this podcast episode, Sam Carvalho talks about your branding timeline, setting up a brand from scratch, and what that entails.
There are many ways to keep your practice organized, but TherapyNotes is the best. Their easy-to-use, secure platform lets you not only do your billing, scheduling, and progress notes but also create a client portal to share documents and request signatures. Plus, they offer amazing, unlimited phone support so when you have a question you can get help FAST. To get started with the Practice Management Software Trusted by over 35,000 professionals go to TherapyNotes.com and start a free trial today.
To get 2 free months of TherapyNotes click on www.therapynotes.com and enter the promo code: Joe
In This Podcast
- 5 Step branding timeline
Step 1: Research
Understanding how your brand fits into the marketplace.
- Define what is unique about your product/service
- Understand your competitors’ products/services, compare their brand positioning, values, and identity to yours and how you are different.
- Perform a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats) analysis
TIMELINE: a day to a week, depending on how deep you want to dive.
Step 2: Define Brand Strategy
Think about your brand personality and who you want to present your business as.
Having a better grasp of who your customers are and how best to reach them. Align your brand strategy with your business objectives.
Create a mission and vision statement:
- What your company stands for
- Who you help,
- Why you help them
- How you do it differently
Create your ideal client (be as specific as possible):
- Who they’re in relationships
TIMELINE: 1-2 weeks
Step 3: Design Logo and Visual Identity
In this phase, you’re deciding on your:
- Color palette
- Font family
- Visual look and feel
These are the questions I ask my clients:
- Company name Slogan to be included (if you have one)
- Would you prefer for the logo to be just font or include an icon/illustration? (if you aren’t sure, I’ll include both variations)
- If you would like an icon/illustration included, what would you want this to be of?
- Which font/s do you prefer? (if you aren’t sure, I’ll choose my own)
- What is your color scheme? (if you aren’t sure, I’ll choose my own)
- What would you like to communicate through your logo? Who is your target market?
* What is your brand personality?
I also always ask that you send a minimum of three current logos you like with regards to their style/certain elements about them (let me know what this is).
At this stage you will also be designing your website. (We use Web Canopy)
TIMELINE: Logo: 1-2 weeks
Brand Style Guide: 1-2 weeks
Website: a few months
Step 4: Design Other Marketing Collateral
These items are not completely necessary but they do add to your professionalism and credibility.
This step is based on your budget, target audience, and marketing objectives. But additional marketing collateral would be:
- Design business card
- Email signature
- Letterhead, etc.
Step 5: Plan Marketing Strategy
This is an ongoing step, it needs to be cost-effective and it needs to be flexible too.
- Find out where your target audience spends their time and how you can attract them. Which social media platforms are they on? What networking events are they attending?
- Outline marketing goals for specific time periods.
- Develop a content plan for blogging/social media.
- Design flyers/rack cards/social media.
- 11 Design Trends You Need to Know About | MP 19
- Email Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Design Services With Sam
- Apply to work with us
Meet Sam Carvalho
Sam Carvalho is a graphic designer living in Cape Town, South Africa, with over five years of experience in both design and marketing, with a special interest and experience in the start-up environment.
She has been working with Practice of the Practice since 2016 and has helped over 70 therapist entrepreneurs take their practices to the next level by enhancing their visual branding. She loves working with a variety of clients on design-intensive tasks and is always up for a challenge!
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!