Which phase of practice are you in? Wanting to grow but not sure how to do so? Want to know what you should be doing at each phase of your practice?
In this podcast episode, Joe Sanok speaks about the three stages of private practice from solopreneur to CEO.
TherapyNotes facilitates the workflow of mental health professionals through robust, secure, and streamlined software, accessible wherever and whenever you need it. With fully-integrated scheduling, notes, billing, electronic claims, and more, you’ll have more time for what matters most: your patients.
To get 2 free months of TherapyNotes click on www.therapynotes.com and enter the promo code: Joe
In This Podcast
In this podcast episode, Joe Sanok speaks about the three stages of private practice from solopreneur to CEO and what you should be doing at each phase of your practice.
The 3 Phases
1. Starting a practice
- Hustle – you are getting all your systems in place and doing all your paperwork
- Hats – you are doing your own book keeping, you’re answering phones and emails
- Help – you want to quickly transition into getting help in certain areas such as the phones, scheduling and intakes.
2. Growing a practice
- Multiply – evaluate where you are spending your time. If you are charging $150 per session you could hire a virtual assistant for $15 an hour and delegate some work there so that you are not spending your time on things that are not bringing in any money
- Motivate – make sure that you are motivating your staff, understand how teams work and what kind of team you want to build
- Move out – if you are doing most of the work that needs to change at this phase, you need to start replacing yourself and only spend the time on the things that only you can do
3. Scaling a practice
- Systematize – look at whether there are systems that can help your business stay organized
- Step back – you need to do the week that you feel good about and that you’re excited about and let go of those other areas
- Send to others – there are other people who can do it better, so pass on these tasks or let others take over your sessions so that you don’t have to work those hours
Books Mentioned In This Episode
A Sneak Peek of Killin’It Camp
- Why Slowing Down is the Key to Growing a Practice | PoP 385
- Free resources to help you start, grow and scale
- Join Next Level Practice
- Apply to work with us
- Killin’It Camp
- Killin’It Camp Tickets
Meet Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok helps counselors to create thriving practices that are the envy of other counselors. He has helped counselors to grow their businesses by 50-500% and is proud of all the private practice owners that are growing their income, influence, and impact on the world. Click here to explore consulting with Joe.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!