It is taking people through the know, like and trust formula.
First people that don’t know you need to know you exist. Those that do know you need to like you and those that like you need to trust you. When you can walk people through those three steps you’ll grow a larger client base.
Now, let’s look at the 3 terms you have to know.
1. Conversion Rate
Your conversion rate is how many people convert to working with you as a result of whatever marketing you’re doing. If 100 people come to your website every single month, and 5% of them end up converting to be clients of yours, that means your website has a 5% conversion rate. You have to look at the marketing you’re doing and make sure you understand your conversion rate.
Did you Know?
- Only 22 percent of businesses are satisfied with their conversion rate.
- Adding a video to your landing page will increase engagement and conversions by up to 86%
- 90% of searchers also haven’t decided what they think of your brand when they come to your website. That means that you have to
quickly establish that trust so they want to work with you.
2. Return on Investment
This is the investment of your time or your money. What is the return on that? Let’s look at these examples below:
- If you spend 5 hours writing 5 blog posts and you charge $100 per hour.
- That’s $500 in lost income through your time now.
- If over a year those 5 blog posts give you 10 new clients and those 10 clients come five times that would be around $5,000 in revenue.
- For that $500 in lost time, you made $5,000 – so that’s a 1 to 10 ratio of your return on investment.
- For every $1 of your time you spent, you made $10 ten dollars.
3. Organic Search
You want to know how high you’re ranking when it comes to specific pages and keywords and different things that you’re doing, organically. If someone searches in Google you want to know where you rank for specific terms.
Did you Know
- 94% of all traffic comes through Google. You really want to make Google happy and keep up with what it is that they are recommending.
- 61% of marketers say that SEO and organic search is one of their top marketing strategies.
- Video content on a landing page makes the search organically go up by 50 times. That means that there’s a 50 times ROI by just putting a video on your landing pages.
When you Know Your:
- Conversion rate – it helps you know what’s working in your system.
- ROI – you know where your time and your money is being well spent.
- Organic search – it helps you know where your ranking for free.
We have three other videos in this series:
- Quarterly marketing
- Monthly marketing
- Weekly marketing
To join one of our free e-courses click here.
Joseph R. Sanok, MA, LLP, LPC, NCC
Joe Sanok is an ambitious results expert. He is a private practice business consultant and counselor that helps small businesses and counselors in private practice to increase revenue and have more fun! He helps owners with website design, vision, growth, and using their time to create income through being a private practice consultant. Joe was frustrated with his lack of business and marketing skills when he left graduate school. He loved helping people through counseling but felt that often people couldn’t find him. Over the past few years, he has grown his skills, income, and ability to lead others, while still maintaining an active private practice in Traverse City, MI. To link to Joe’s Google+