Where in the world is business development going? How can you prepare yourself to be in the right place at the right time? Can positioning yourself well in business cause opportunities to fall into your lap?
In this podcast episode, Joe Sanok speaks with Tony Guarnaccia Talks About creating a results loop to level up faster.
While there may still be a lot of uncertainty about what this year will have in store, there’s one thing we know for sure – your services as a therapist have never been more essential, making it the perfect time to ensure that your private practice website attracts your best-fit clients and gets them to call you.
Whether you’re a seasoned clinician with a website in need of a refresh, or you’re fresh out of school needing your very first therapist website, Brighter Vision is the perfect solution. During the month of January, they’re running their biggest sale of the year!
From now, until the end of the month, they’re completely waiving all setup fees and only charging $39/month for your entire first year of a new website! Head on over to brightervision.com/joe to learn more.
Tony Guarnaccia is the founder and CEO of Big Fish Results and author of Small Steps to Big Profits.
Tony has used digital marketing strategy to help Ford and BMW grow profitably, and he can share the secrets to making big profits! He leads entrepreneurs through steady growth in their businesses. From homeless to Google, Tony’s got quite a tale to tell!
In This Podcast
- How to get out of a business rut?
- Tony’s 6-factor steps and 15-minutes of planning
- How private practice owners can get more clients
- The future of business
How to get out of a business rut?
When you find yourself at a crossroad in your business, a tipping point, or even a full-blown failure, how do you move through it? Ride the existing wave, whatever it is right now.
The easiest way to have success is to position yourself for that success. Look no further than the famous Wayne Gretzky quote: “You wanna skate to where the puck’s going”, because that’s the easiest way to get to it. (Tony Guarnaccia)
Keep an eye on where the industry is going, where is your industry going, where is the world going to position yourself in advance to be at the best place at the right time.
Tony’s 6-factor steps and 15-minutes of planning
- Your markets: Define specifically who you are going to be serving.
- Your offerings: The products and services you are going to be providing them.
- The value: This is the value that you are providing to those markets by and through your products and services.
- Increasing the number of new patients, or new buyers.
- Increasing their lifetime value: this is how much revenue they are driving in profit over the lifetime of the relationship.
- The loyalty: how many referrals your buyers produce, and how frequently they return to your services.
How private practice owners can get more clients
The most important thing Tony recommends is to look at factor number 3 above, which is value. All business is an exchange, and by observing this phenomenon through an idea of a funnel, one can understand how the exchange works.
At the top, you exchange some information about yourself for attention. At the second stage, this is where people become more familiar with you and this is where you begin to differentiate yourself from the crowd. This is where you work to build more trust by giving them higher content value in exchange for, typically, contact information.
The last stage is the buyer, or a patient, which is the exchange of money for a result.
The problems come in when practice owners only focus on the third step, just getting the lead. What differentiates you is the content you provide to increase trust and authority between you and the potential patient.
The future of business
In Tony’s assessment, the future of business dealing will all be virtual, this is where the puck is going. Podcasting is growing exponentially, even more so than Facebook and other popular sights. Remember that you do not have to be great at it, you just have to be well-positioned.
- Teletherapy Toolkit, Getting Media Attention, and Having a Massive Group Practice with Dr. Roseann Capanna-Hodge | PoP 519
- Communicate and Connect Podcast
- Events – click on the event’s dropdown
- Killin’It Camp
- Sign up to join the free webinars and events here
- Podcast Launch School
- Practice of the Practice Podcast Network
- Free resources to help you start, grow and scale
- Apply to work with us
Meet Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok helps counselors to create thriving practices that are the envy of other counselors. He has helped counselors to grow their businesses by 50-500% and is proud of all the private practice owners that are growing their income, influence, and impact on the world. Click here to explore consulting with Joe.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!