I had no idea what I was doing when I started my counseling private practice. Isn’t that most of our experiences? We go to grad school, get great clinical training, and then we’re thrown out into the work world. We usually have classes on groups, non-profit management, just about everything but the business of running a private practice.
That’s about to change!
You’re in the right place if you want to:
- Discover how to ethically make more money in a counseling private practice.
- Learn how to launch a part-time practice to make side money.
- Grow a practice so you can leave your full-time job.
- Add clinicians to your private practice.
- Discover how to start consulting as a counselor
These are just a few of the topics I love talking about!
In 2012 I launched Practice of the Practice to blog about what I was learning about business, marketing, and private practice. Since then, my income has gone up over 2,000%. In the beginning, I was making around $1000 per month. In 2015, I grossed over $200k!
In fact, every month I post exactly what I made and how I made it. It’s important to me, because we don’t usually talk about money and how to make it in an ethical way. I want to increase your influence and your income!
My private practice story
I started Practice of the Practice because when I completed grad school, I knew nothing about business. I have learned, read, and struggled to get my private practice going. I want to share what I’ve learned to save you time. Also, I’ve invited some friends to share what they have learned. Sometimes we agree, sometimes we don’t. I want you to hear a variety of opinions.
I don’t believe that counselors should feel that there is competition, rather, as we grow the field of counseling, we will grow the need for counselors.
Growing my business and yours
There are three themes you will see through what I’ve learned:
- Starting a part-time private practice is really easy if you have someone walking you through the process. It won’t take long to grow it into a full-time practice.
- There are clear steps to grow a private practice in your own way! To do this, establishing a plan for SEO, adding clinicians, and increasing your overall hourly rate are some of the building blocks.
- It doesn’t have to be as hard as it has been! You’ve found me, you’re here! With hundreds of podcasts and articles, there is no reason you should not thrive!
Ready to achieve some ambitious results?
Here are my top five resources:
Start listening to the counseling private practice podcast.
Begin the one-year Private Practice Development infographic.
Improve your website by using Bluehost and WordPress to rank higher in Google.
If you’re ready for rapid change, let’s do some consulting!
Thanks for inviting me onto your journey!