Is your biggest fear that your clients won’t come back? How can you make your office environment more nurturing so that they do? What are some cost-effective ways to do this?
In this episode, Joe Sanok speaks with Cheryl Janis about office lighting and other business tips.
Meet Cheryl Janis
Cheryl Janis is the principal of Cheryl Janis Designs–a wellness design studio in the San Francisco Bay Area dedicated to helping purpose-driven doctors and wellness professionals achieve the very best healing environments possible.
- Website: http://cheryljanisdesigns.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Cheryl_Janis
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/Cheryl_Janis/
- Podcast: http://www.wellnessdesignpodcast.com/
“Familiarity decreases the stress response.”
In This Podcast
Did you know that one of the primary reasons why patients may not return to your practice is because the environment unsettles them in some way? In this episode, Cheryl Janis reveals this and other eye-opening facts relating to the design of your counseling office. She also shares easy and affordable tips and advice on how to improve your space!
What Keeps You Up At Night?
Fear that patient is going to drop you or that you are going to lose your income stream. If you design a nurturing space based on the below principles, patients will want to keep coming back.
Your patients won’t tell you why they aren’t coming back, but often times it’s because they don’t feel comfortable in your office / waiting area. They might not even be consciously aware of it.
How To Create a Nurturing Office Environment
The following are some quick, easy things you can do to improve your therapy office environment:
- Give treatment room a new (nurturing) wall color, i.e.: blue and green.
- Avoid red and yellow.
- Avoid having one overhead light, make sure you introduce contrast.
- Evidence-based artwork on nature that is medium to large in size, preferably artwork that you have a connection with which can spark a discussion with your clients.
- Position of chairs, i.e.: not with back to the door.
“It just takes a few changes to improve the lives of so many people.”
Meet Joe Sanok
Joe Sanok helps counselors to create thriving practices that are the envy of other counselors. He has helped counselors to grow their businesses by 50-500% and is proud of all the private practice owners that are growing their income, influence, and impact on the world. Click here to explore consulting with Joe.
Thanks For Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the social media links below! Alternatively, leave a review on iTunes and subscribe!